Toddler Mom Cleaning Tips

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2008, 06:41 AM
So I thought we could all put our heads together and help each other out with cleaning & household management tips to help us stay organized (and SANE!) with our busy, busy little people. I've put down a couple ideas, and I hope everyone can add stuff -I thought it might be helpful if we had one gigantic list.

1. When putting away clean clothes for my little one, I take a pair of panties, a pair of socks, a shirt and then roll them up into a pair of pants. This helps me get clothes out quickly when I'm in a hurry and helps DH avoid questionable color combinations.

2. I keep dishes, napkins and silverware in a lower cupboard that DD can reach - she loves to help me set the table and unload the dishwasher - everything's on her level. (Except for glassware - she doesn't touch that!)

3. Magic Erasers - I keep about a billion of them on hand at all times. They are FABULOUS and work wonders when she decides to be "creative" and accidentally misses the paper she's coloring on and hits the table, wall or floor.

4. Clear plastic storage bins with snap-on lids. They are easy for her to open and all stack together. She likes to help me keep her toys sorted in each bin. This helps me avoid legos in the foot (those things must have magnets in them that attract to the soft spot in my foot!!!!)
December 30th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
I love that first tip!!

5. I like to keep a spray bottle of water, vinegar & tea tree oil handy all the time. It's great for stains, quick clean ups, sanitizing, and more. And, it's all natural! Most people don't realize that vinegar is a natural disinfectant and TTO is a natural antiseptic.

6. Teach your kids clean up skills early. Since our little guy could sit, we have had him helping with clean up. Now he'll sort toys and put them in the right place and clean up as good as any big kid. It's a lifesaver.
December 30th, 2008, 09:21 AM
7. Run the dishwasher at night and empty every morning while the coffee's brewing. That way, dirties can be collected in the dishwasher throughout the day instead of piling up on the counter, tables and any other household surface.

8. I do laundry for one person in my house each night. That way, I don't have to sort clothes by person when they're clean.

9. Each kid has a 3-bag laundry sorter in her room. Reds, colors and whites can be sorted and then the bags pull out to carry downstairs to the laundry room. Even my little one is able to distinguish which clothes go where.

10. Never leave a room empty-handed. Always grab something on your way to somewhere else.
December 30th, 2008, 12:41 PM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. I stay in one room at a time if I am cleaning! If you move from room to room it does not look like you did much.

2. Luke has to pick up what he was playing with before he can get out more toys.

3. Every morning I start a load of laundry then make breakfast.

4. Make beds in morning after getting out so they are all nice for that night.

5. I keep them handy wipes in the bathroom so in the morning when everybody is done I wipe off the courter top and toilet.

6. I have a little handy vacuum cleaner that I take though the house everyday. That way I can use it in the kitchen, livingroom & bedrooms. I love it! Luke will also help use it b/c it is smaller.

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

January 4th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Chris&Ri'sMommi's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Chris&Ri'sMommi Send a message via Yahoo to Chris&Ri'sMommi
1. We bought Chris one of those open bin toy boxes for his b-day. He can carry a bin into the room to play and when he's done he just throws evrything back in the bin and puts the bin back on the shelf. It makes it easy for him to clean up his toys all at once so I don't have to.

2. We always have a container of the Clorox wipes in the house. It's so much easier than trying to spray and wipe and the kids can use them too. We usually buy the 3 pack they have for school.

3. DF works 3rd shift so he sleeps most of the day. I pile the dishes in the sink before I go to bed and he loads them in the dishwasher before he goes to work. That way when I wake up I can just pull clean dishes out of the washer to use as I go through the day. It's a lot quicker and easier.

4. Toys are picked up before another is pulled out.

5. Clothes go straight in the washer when they come off. If not, I end up with 5 little piles throughout the house.
January 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow you guys have great suggestions. I need to start following some of them!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM
~Valerie~
Those are great!
January 11th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great suggestions!

I pick up the house before I go to bed so there is not as much to do in the mornings

I make myself do some cleaning things every day before I eventurn the computer or TV on to make sure they get done.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search