Toilet Training Nappies?

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
Just wondering how many cloth toilet training nappies you used? DS is nearly 17 months and I am thinking that we might start toilet training him now as we are in the last few months of summer in Australia. Otherwise he will be over 2 by the time the weather warms up again. I know it doesn't matter to toilet train in the winter but I'd just prefer it to be summer so that it's not too cold on his toshie in the loo and so that I can take his clothes off if he has accidents. I think he's ready anyway, he knows when he's doing a poop so I might as well give it a go. What age did you toilet train your toddler? Thanks

Our Amazing Water Birth Story
February 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi there,
We didnt use toilet training nappies.
we just let her run around naked for the first few days, and then went straight to underwear.
my DD was 2 1/2 years old when we started . we wanted to wait a bit till i was home on leave and it was summer. it took 3 days for us.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

February 10th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
Thanks for your reply I think I will wait until the start of next summer, he will be just over 3 then and can spend lots of nappy free time. I tend to think that lots of people make a big deal about toilet training but lots of people don't have a problem. I might get a couple of pairs of toilet training pants in case we have to go out and then also pack a change of shorts just in case they get wet.

Our Amazing Water Birth Story
February 11th, 2012, 11:17 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for me it wasnt that big of a deal. and we were happy we waited. we got her a potty when she was younger but she just wasnt interested in using it. just wanted to play with it, lol. but at least when we started it was familiar. but in all honesty she used t for 1 day and then wanted the big toilet.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search