Fevers

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2012, 11:13 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so after battling a fever with Kyla all afternoon, which finally seems to be dropping. i realised i didnt even know at what temp to rush them to the emergency room. i had to phone them, lol. i mean with babies i know, but children i didnt know. we have never had one so bad as this.

so i was wondering at what temp do you rush your toddler(s) in?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

March 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Regular
i may get bashed for this.. but honestly, i wouldnt take her to the er unless it was like 102-103 or higher..

fevers are GOOD. it means the immune system is working properly and that the body is actively fighting off a virus. lowering the temperature with drugs can cause the virus to get ahead in the battle, prolonging the illness or even making it worse.

as long as the child isnt having febrile [fever] seizures, high-pitched crying, or other symptoms like vomiting, bloody stools, etc etc, id treat him/her at home.
March 8th, 2012, 12:26 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never had to take my kids in to the ER. Breana had one as high as 104.1 but she was getting all 4 molars at once.

I just gave her cool compresses and cool baths.

Xander had one over the weekend from Bronchitis. the doc said if it hit 103 to give him a call at out visit at the dr office on Sat morning. it got as high as 102.5 and I didn't give him tylenol or anything I just let him sweat it out. and it broke by that night and the next day he was fine.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 9th, 2012, 07:50 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it peaked at 102 last night. so we didnt end up taking her in. DH took her to the doc today and he said it was bacterial (checked her bloods), gave her meds. but he doesnt know where it is. and she was fine today.

Doc even said she can still go to my partents at the coast for the weekend.
phoned my parents and apparently she is running around.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

March 9th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Kristin32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm...good question. I always give him Motrin whenever he gets a fever and it has never been high so I have no idea.

March 9th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Queen_of_the_House's Avatar Veteran
I called our doctor when my oldest was about 2-3 yrs with a 104 and the dr was so laid back about it. It helped me because I was in a massive panic. He said he wouldn't have him come in unless it hit 105. I only call now when one of the kids has had a fever that's been going on for days.

March 10th, 2012, 03:37 AM
From experience we've found only take your child as a last resort. As bad as an illness or fever seem, they usually bounce back well without any medical attention. It tends to be more the DURATION you should watch rather than how BAD it seems...stress over illnessnesses goes with the territory!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search