Home Sweet Home (XP)

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
It feels so great to be home! I know Olivia and Avery would agree! Olivia is doing great. Her discharge echo showed normal function in her heart, with the exception of a tiny bit of leakage from a valve, which should resolve on its own. Dr.'s said she should never need another heart surgery She's breathing very well, and is wide awake She's a completely different baby! She's not constantly sleepy like she was before. Now that her heart works correctly, she can be a normal baby She has stopped sleeping in her crib, she will only sleep in the wrap, in bed with me, or in the swing. Not a huge deal, although I could potentially get in trouble for letting her sleep in bed with me (foster care rules). Right now she comes first, rules can come later! She's very happy and content. I'm excited to see her personality after she's taken off of the blood pressure medication. With her blood pressure normal, I imagine she will be even more active!

Madison was picked up early this morning to be moved to a new foster home, and Solas was brought by about an hour ago. His sweet little face when he saw me was priceless and heart-melting! He's very happy to be back and is adjusting seamlessly. It's definitely an adjustment for me to get used to having another toddler in the house again!

Thank-you everyone for your continued prayers and thoughts, they've made all the difference for me. This last week was incredibly hard, but knowing I had a whole community online praying for us, in addition to our friends, family, and church, helped me get through each day. God is good

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
March 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you are home now and that Olivia is doing so well.

That is some great news!!! I am glad things are working out for all of you.

Will continue to pray

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
MusicMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad that everyone is home and happy..... Praying for everything to continue this way

March 9th, 2012, 07:53 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am so glad you home! and wonderful news on her not needing another surgery!!!!!

is Solas settling in well?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

March 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Thank-you ladies!

Solas is settling in, it's like he never left! Only thing different is that he gets very scared if I leave the room or house. Thankfully I'm off of work for 4 1/2 more weeks while Olivia recovers, so he'll have plenty of time to adjust.

March 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
how long is he with you?

March 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Kerian, at least 6 months. Grandma let Bio-Dad see him, which breaks one of the conditions she had Solas on. There's a 6 month probation period before the state will even consider giving her a second chance. (Dad was the main abuser, and the reason Solas is delayed by a year).

March 10th, 2012, 11:35 PM
that is so sad. i cant believe a grandmother would do that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search