Swimming

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 07:19 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your toddler know how to swim?

Have they taken swimming lessons at all?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
nope. She thinks she can swim, and hates for me to hold on to her always pushing away. But at her preschool they offer swim lessons in the summer only to 3 and up.

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"
August 5th, 2012, 06:55 PM
littlenoell's Avatar Love my babies.
my toddler is afraid of swimming. gotta take him to swim soon.
August 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM
SEAmama's Avatar Veteran
Does your toddler know how to swim? She is a TOTAL champ with water wings. She doesn't even want to be touched. "Just let me swim Mom" is her usual look.

Have they taken swimming lessons at all? She did when she was 4 months but I'm not sure it did anything.

August 26th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
Since I became a SAHM we've been going to mommy and me swim 2-3 times a week. Before that I never had time. He likes swim classes, and the games and songs are great but I try to limit the dunking. The teachers kind of push you to dunk every time you have them "swim" to the wall and every time they "fall" off the wall but when he looks like he's frazzled and had enough I just let him stay above the water. I know its important to do repetition but I want to keep it fun for him.

Its kind of an intense swimming school and I take more the low pressure approach. He's improved a lot since we started going.

DJ Junior.

September 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucy will start lessons in a few months.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

September 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Yes! We started swimming lessons recently and it's been great for my daughter
March 26th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Weight Loss Expert
My toddler hasn't learned yet but his dad is slowly teaching him since we live just a few blocks away from the shore.
April 8th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's getting there. We've been in lessons off and on since he was about 8 months old. He loves the water.
June 22nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
Veteran
Yes, we live in Florida and are around pools all the time, so I started my son early. When he was 1 1/2 I did a group 'beginner' lesson, which taught him nothing. So last summer, when he was 2, I hired a private swim teacher. We met once a week, and in 8 weeks he was swimming on his own. Each time we'd go to the pool after the lesson, I would practice what she did with him, so he could strengthen his skills. This summer, he is now 3, and is a much stronger swimmer - he can now jump in and grab dive sticks off the bottom of the pool. Private lessons are a little pricier, but definitely the way to go. He listened to her and did exactly what she asked of him - he would never have done that with me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search