Nuks, pacifiers when to be done....

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Veteran
Okay ladies throw some ages at me....when was your LOs done with the nuks? My DS only uses it when we sleeps he is 16 months old. I think I am ready to just completely take it off him. A friend of ours told us we should have never started with it. his son didn't use one after 6 months. But then I have my nephew who is 2 years and still uses one. I know my DS is not depending on it but I think (and maybe it is my own stupidity) that he sleeps better with it. He usually takes it out at some point in the night tho cause I find it on the floor in the morning. Just looking from some input.

October 18th, 2012, 03:21 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just took it away. It took a few rough nights but she was fine. She was only using it for naps and night times when we did it.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

October 18th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We took our DD's away around 18 months, I think. We also had a few rough nights, but then she was fine.
October 23rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breana was 3 1/2 but only had it at nights she had to adjust to the new baby in the house. she never went out with it or walked around with it...

Xander now he is a thumb sucker and still sucks it

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 23rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Super Mommy
my kids didn't do them much but my oldest last had his when he was 11 months and my youngest never took one. He discovered a few we had saved from my oldest when he was about 20 months and would put it in his mouth and bite it. I figured he had some teeth coming in and the pressure felt good. That and he is accident prone so having a mouth guard wasn't the worst thing for him though it was never regular, he didn't actually suck on it, and he only carried it around about once a week for a month or two. When I worked in daycare I had all of my kids off pacifiers by 18 months including at nap times.
November 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
** Mandy **
With Ally we got rid of it gradually. When she was a baby she used it anytime, especially while sleeping and in the car. Then we slowly made it so she only had it when she slept and when in the car. When she got to be 18 months she entered a new room at daycare and they only allowed it during nap times so we decided it was time for her to only have it when she slept. We then took it down to not having it at nap time and only at night by two and a half. Shortly after we took it away entirely and by that time she would ask about it occasionally but didn't get upset about not having it.

Now with Samantha it is all for me to do because I am a stay at home mom now and she is not in daycare. Right now she is two and is only allowed to have it when she sleeps. So, the next step is for me to take it away at nap time and I know I need to get on that soon... I've just been lazy about it not wanting to fight it.

February 22nd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Weight Loss Expert
It was difficult at first. But eventually got used to not having it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search