For the SAHM

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 04:07 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do you stay on track with the house cleaning?

What do you do when the kids want to play or cuddle but you know you have work to do?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 18th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Honestly, the house is just a mess sometimes. I try to bring her into the kitchen and strap her into her rocking chair and sing to her while I do dishes every day, but other than that we wait until she is asleep and do a fast pick up of everything and a taking out of garbage at night. I'd rather have a bit of a mess and a happy, well entertained baby than the other way around! I do have one trick up my sleeve though...my mother in law is a compulsive cleaner. If I feel it getting to be too much for me I invite her over and she cleans the whole place whether or not I want her to!
January 22nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am the same way. But the do is frustrated on how the house looks. Will be working on it else they nap I guess

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 24th, 2013, 11:58 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just let the house get kinda messy sometimes or try to get things done when shes in bed. Cuz if my DD wants to play or cuddle with me then she gets me. The dishes and everything else can wait....as they only stay little for a little while.

January 30th, 2013, 10:31 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
Same house is a mess, I pick up and all but it's never gonna be perfect. DH is away [ARMY] so it's just her and I, I only really get a chance to do things when she is asleep, and usually I go on FB instead. just sayin lol
February 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
House cleaning - what's that - LOL!! The house gets picked up but good cleaning isn't done usually until DH gets home and he helps do a TON!! Often the house will go uncleaned for a bit and then get a good cleaning.
Baby #2 is on the way!!
February 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My house is a mess. When I have a second of the kids playing I throw some dishes in the machine, dust, or do some laundry. As for picking up and straightening up that doesnt happen often. The kids clean up their toys but the house is definitely not up to my cleaning standards. I have come to terms with it not changing for a while.
When the kids want to play or cuddle when Im doing something I just do it. They are only little for so long. I do try to include them while I am cleaning so that they dont want to stray and do something else. They love watching me vaccuum my son calls it the robot. He yells run robot and they both jump on the couch and laugh. If Im dusting they get their own rags to "help" too.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
February 10th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Veteran
..thought were alone. My sister is with us with her 2 boys so we have 3 kids in the house. Cleaning was just unseen,. specially with my nephews going in and out of the house with muddy feet.. so I just usually clean at night when they are in bed. I'm a night owl so its fairly normal to me..

Last edited by proudMoM26; February 10th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
February 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
I usually try to wait for my little one to take a nap or go to sleep. Otherwise nothing would get done, because I would much rather play with my daughter than clean! I know she won't want to spend that time with me forever, so I better make time for her. My husband is also a huge help. We usually spend an evening of our weekend cleaning the whole time. Or at least I clean while my husband gets some one on one time with Alexandria (LO).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search