How does everyone deal with their babysitting situation today?

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 11:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how often everyone needs babysitting today and how do you get babysitting.
Do you use a sitter? Friends?

If you use a sitter, where do you go find it? Wanted to make sure it's someone I can trust.

Thanks
April 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes we use my husbands mother or her regular sitter. I needed a sitter from time to time like when her daycare was closed a week or when she is sick and i HAVE to come into work. Mostly we get a sitter for date nights though. We usually do this once a month. I used sittercity.com and have found 2 that i love and rotate if one is busy if MIL can't do it. You can run them background checks and etc. I ran them on the ones i considered to interview and went from there. Also how my child reacts to them when they first meet them and also when she comes back and just mommy-intuition. Sometimes you can just get a creepy vibe lol. So far i have two great ladies that we do love. Also some parents review some of them on there as well and i always check references

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
April 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM
We can usually get a friend to come over so we can take some time to ourselves. I've never hired a babysitter I didn't already know. I am nervous about new people.
April 14th, 2013, 02:02 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I use family and friends to baby sit my kids. I have a special needs child and both of my kids have food allergies. I don't trust just anyone.

May 21st, 2013, 01:00 AM
My 3rd cousin and my mom who is here on vacation takes care of my child during most of the day, me and my husband takes care of him during the evening.
June 23rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Veteran
My parents live close by, so only my parents watch my kids. I would never hire a stranger, even if they came with good credentials. You have to be so careful. Do you have any good friends that could watch your kids from time to time?
October 23rd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Does that mean that no one else uses Sitter City or Care dot com?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search