Cosleepers, does your toddler still sleep with you?

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
When do you plan to move him/her to his own bed?

Shawn sleeps with us about half the time. The rest of the time he sleeps with his brother or sometimes the other kids. We are trying to get him out of the bed but sometimes we don't mind him being with us so we can have some cuddle time.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 29th, 2013, 07:27 PM
icymommy's Avatar Regular
LOL that's funny (not really) because my friend had that problem when her 2 year old he would start off in his crib and in the middle of the night he would get up and get in their bed.
What she finally did was put up a baby gate so he couldn't get in the room. He whined at 1st but he got the picture after a while. She would take him back in the room and soothe him and he was back to sleep.
December 17th, 2013, 12:16 PM
rachelc0's Avatar TTC a Rainbow
we co-slept with Kale until he was over a year old, and we're still paying for it. granted i was nursing so having him right next to me was nice, but he is 4 now and still sleeps with us half the time.

Keegan co-slept maybe the first few months. but i figured we already had one kid in our bed, we weren't going for the record, so for the most part he sleeps in his own bed.

with my experience with Kale, i will never co-sleep that long again!

January 16th, 2014, 01:51 PM
NavyWifey's Avatar Super Mommy
My daughter is going to be 3 soon, and we have something that works for us.

She naps with me in the queen bed when her dad is at work. She sleeps with me when he's deployed or out doing training unless she asks for her own bed.

When he is home, she sleeps in her own bed. She doesn't even complain about it... "Sephie, Daddy is here, you use your big girl bed." She gets an hour or so of cuddling with the two of us before we out her to bed and she is generally annoyed by not having all the room she would like, and is happy to go back to her own space.

Also, she has figured out that she is allowed to sing herself to sleep as much as she likes if she's in her own bed, but she can't do that with Mommy and Daddy. So she'll sing until she gets herself tired.

Some nights she's upset and fussy and doesn't want to sleep, and so we cuddle her a little bit longer. It's never been a problem for her to transition back and forth depending on Daddy's deployment schedule.

Siggie by the lovely and talented GraysMama
March 21st, 2014, 07:28 AM
My DD is 21 months and she starts out in her bed and most nights winds up back in bed with us around 2 or 3am. Slowly but surely she is spending more nights in her crib all night though. We started transitioning her around 13 or 14 months. But I don't mind in the least, I cherish cuddle time and realize one day she will be embarrassed to hug me
March 23rd, 2014, 10:30 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Similar to you guys, my 2 year old will go down in her own bed at night, but wakes up at dawn, gets in bed with me, and sleeps a few more hours. I don't mind it at all because my husband has left for work by that time. Sometimes, if she is heavily resisting a nap, I'll go lay with her until she falls asleep, or if I'm very tired myself, we will just have a nap in my bed. I didn't co-sleep with her as a baby, though. She never resisted going down until she was two, really.

April 13th, 2014, 09:21 AM
mom2xander's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2xander Send a message via Yahoo to mom2xander Send a message via Skype™ to mom2xander
My older son slept with me until he was 4. I moved and he is temporarily living with my mom. He is 5 and still sleeps in bed with her. We want him in his bed by Fall when he starts kindergarten.

May 2nd, 2014, 08:54 AM
We started Mark in his own bed around ten months. It was a little tough at first but I would say he became comfortable with the routine after about 2 months.

Sometimes he still falls asleep in our bed if we are watching a movie and I don't have the heart to wake him up!
May 2nd, 2014, 09:48 AM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
My dd never co-slept as a baby. She was in her own bed from day one and in her own room around three months.

We redecorated her room all in Thomas recently and now she has started sleeping all night in her room again, most of the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search