worried

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2014, 11:46 PM
I dont know why im soo worried. but my 27 month old throws fits . n says no to everyrhing. He does listen n help clean up he is very active. swings a bat pretty good for being two. n plays basketball n tries to dribble it. his talkin isnt that good but wyen he wants something he does say juice box for instance or whatever hes pointing to how do i getnhim to talk more. i think w older siblings jus givin him what he wants is makin him jus point to it n sometime say it . he does count to 10. n repeats the alphabet leapster thing on fridge tries to..Im also havin trouble wnhim sharing and taken toys from other kids n screamin to get them back. he did eventually share w one of my friends lil boy. Hes not around kids his age no daycare to get him use to othwr kida his age. Soo wuen it comes to playing w kids ue parallel plays . Today we wemt to slinky zone ans he didnt want anything to do w all these kida j tuer was a ton.. he didnt wanna go down slides he kept jus watching thek he was pretty shy i feel like its my fault bc i bever had him in daycarem my mom is ky babysitter j there is no other kids... Is this normal
March 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Every child is different. My first little boy, didnt start talking much until he turned 2. Before then it was always a few words/baby talk, and or showing me what he wanted, but I started by always getting him to say please and thankyou. He has always been very social, and hes also always been very helpful, and does things/ figures things out with ease. He just turned 4 in january.My second little boy is turning 3 in may. His favorite word is no and his favorite phrase is "No! Mine!" lol That said he talks well in my opinion, much more clearly than his brother at that age. He does point to things if he is being shy/ throwing a little fit- like not listening or talking when I ask him what he wants... in many ways I think its just him testing me. When he points to things that he can either get on his own/show me, or things he knows the workds to, I will ask him what he wants. If he cant tell me, he doesnt get it. Same with if hes cying and wont tell me what happened (he talks well enough to tell me/show me) If he doesnt talk ten I just say oh Im sorry you need to use your words I cant understand you. He will throw a five minute fit then come up say sorry and ask for what ever he wants, and says please and thankyou. Smetimes both boys do not want to share... in that case I will give them a time tlimit and say 5- 10 more minutes, then you need to share, and will explain to my other child that he is not to take the toy away until the other gives it to him. So then when the time is up I say okay youve had that toy for a while, its time to share, please give that to your brother and you can watch tv/ play with this instead, they usually do very good with that. As far as him not really having much interaction with other kids, I would try taking him to the park. But like I said, all kids are individuals, he may be shy, and it may take him a while to talk. Like I said my first didnt really start talking until he was two. Even then we still had to work on different words and anunciation... all that. And sometimes boys do take a bit longer to do things than girls, so just keep that in mind, but I hpe those suggestions help

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search