Does your toddler know any..

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2007, 12:52 PM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyLovesLauren
Numbers, letters, colors or shapes yet?

Lauren can count to ten but she usually messes up the first part and used to say A,B,C,D and E but hasn't done it in a while. She knows blue, red, green and yellow but she can't say yellow right so she tries to guess that its another color she can say. No shapes yet though. I'm don't really work with her that much she just has a huge interest in it from watching shows like Blues Clues. She does organize her blocks into patterns of 2 like colored ones next to each other, I was really shocked when she started doing that.

August 9th, 2007, 01:20 PM
OkieAlli's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Claire can count to 14, she knows some colors-red, blue and yellow, she can almost spell her name (gets the a and the i mixed up), and she knows all of her shapes. We're still working on A,B,C's. She will sing the song, but not really in the right order, she gets to E then will say R, T, B, etc. She's just a really quick learner though. I'll show her something one time and then tell her to draw it or point to it and she does and will start saying it as well. I think it helps too b/c I was a preschool teacher so I know lots of exercises and games to get her thinking while it's still fun for her.

August 9th, 2007, 01:28 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
No hes not old enough. We practice and he just stairs at me like im stupid. Hes also delayed 3-4months.

August 9th, 2007, 01:53 PM
GracieNAmelia'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to GracieNAmelia'sMommy
Gracie knows some colors. We play a game with her of taking differnt color objects then ask her for the blue, red, yellow or green

August 9th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jilry
my son knows how to count to 12 and then he tells me no more. he also yells his ABC's. he makes it to j. then he starts looking for his sister. her name is jay. he knows some of his shapes but only it they are on his cars and trucks. the only colors he knows are purple, blue and yellow. he knows these thing in english and spanish and he is learning to sign things. he is deaf. i get to work with him b/c i'm home all day long and i get bord.

August 9th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Quote:
my son knows how to count to 12 and then he tells me no more. he also yells his ABC's. he makes it to j. then he starts looking for his sister. her name is jay. he knows some of his shapes but only it they are on his cars and trucks. the only colors he knows are purple, blue and yellow. he knows these thing in english and spanish and he is learning to sign things. he is deaf. i get to work with him b/c i'm home all day long and i get bord.[/b]
Lauren can sign a bit too. My 9 yr old sister is profoundly deaf and I stayed home as a teen to help work with her a lot. She got a cochlear implant when she was 2. I'm a bit rusty on my signing though my sister is mostly verbal now.

August 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jilry
as of right now my son isn't totally deaf but with time he will be. each day he losses a little of his hearing. so i have two teachers that come into my home to work with him so he can learn how to verbally talk to us. he's slowly getting the hang of talking. he tries but no one can understand him but me and his sister. the teachers can some what understand him.
i was thinking about getting the cochlear implant but his dr hasn't told me if my son can get it yet. i'm waiting on the dr's to tell me what is going on and why things are going this way. my son wasn't born deaf. he was around 2 months old when i notice a problem. it's been hell ever since.

August 9th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I know you have to have a certain degree of hearing loss to get the cochlear implant. I hope everything works out to where he is able to get one, when my sister speaks you would have no idea that she is deaf. She has been in school full time since the age of 3, she is a bit behind in comprehension but she is in mostly mainstream classes at school now.

August 9th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via MSN to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Monkeys
Gav is only 18 mos so we haven't got that far yet. But when we are playing I will say see the red car or the green apple to introduce him to them.

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog
August 9th, 2007, 05:52 PM
nathansmom
Nathan is 2.5 years old....he has known all of his ABC's and numbers 1-20, plus colors since age 16-18 months. He has known his shapes since last summer. (this was all on his own, we did not push him at all, he just kept asking what EVERYTHING was)

Brady, on the other hand, is 16 months old now and really has zero interest....I will tell him things all day but he doesn't quite have the "zest" for learning that Nathan did.
August 10th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to FriendAim Send a message via Yahoo to FriendAim
Sydney knows shapes and some colors. She can count a little bit, like if I say 1 she'll say 2 up to about 6. Sometimes she knows colors but other times she won't say them right.
Joseph David arrived 2/4/10

August 10th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
LOL, you're funny! Connor barely speaks.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
August 10th, 2007, 01:21 PM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sean doesn't talk yet, so I have no idea what her knows! He likes when I sing the ABC's to him, and I count with him all the time. We've lost most of the shapes that go into his shape sorter, but he's pretty good about getting the triangle in it's hole. He doesn't seem to have a grasp for colors yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search