a get to know you question

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyLovesLauren
What is a skill you would love to learn? Why?

August 9th, 2007, 05:47 PM
nathansmom
Snow skiing? Photography? Golf?

Why...hmmm....just to find some hobbies I guess!
August 9th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via MSN to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Monkeys
scrapbooking

ETA .. I hope this is considered a skill

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog
August 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Erin's First's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love to learn to knit
August 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM
dakota05_logan08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to dakota05_logan08 Send a message via Yahoo to dakota05_logan08
Photography...because I love taking pictures but like if they had better quality a more "professional" look I guess.
August 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
OkieAlli's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always loved photography, I wish I had the talent/skill/knowledge to do it professionally

August 9th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I didn't know so many of you were interested in photography, thats my passion. I co-host the photography board too but its pretty dead around there right now, I think all the old regulars are busy this summer. All of you are welcome to check it out if you like, I'm very willing to help everyone learn how to improve. I haven't been taking as many pics as I used to, I could use some inspiration.

August 9th, 2007, 06:44 PM
GracieNAmelia'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to GracieNAmelia'sMommy
Hmmm, thats a toughy. Figure Skating. They make it look so easy. I love Photography as well. I took many classes in college, so I am pretty good, I like to think LOL Now if I could get a really good camera, I would be happy

August 9th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I guess i just feel like a complete idiot when it comes to photography lingo. I mean, I read a book on photography a million years ago in college (for a journalism class), and it went over the basics, framing a picture with objects, close ups, sun position, etc., but when I read articles or even on the photography board here, I am so lost. I have no idea what anyone is talking about when it comes to their cameras, lenses, etc. I've thought about taking a class b/c I have always enjoyed taking pictures-especially black and whites (I use color w/ Claire), I just don't want to look like an idiot. I saw "Photography for Dummies" at Barnes & Noble the other day, I may go buy it, then take a class! Just so I don't get laughed at!

August 9th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I did a lot of studying online, everything I know I learned from the internet. Studying for hours at a time never bothered me because I was so interested when I first got into it. If I didn't understand what someone was talking about I would just research it but it does talk a lot of time to understand everything. I am nowhere near where I want to be, maybe creatively but not technically. If you have a question about something I will be totally happy to explain it to you

August 9th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Quote:
I did a lot of studying online, everything I know I learned from the internet. Studying for hours at a time never bothered me because I was so interested when I first got into it. If I didn't understand what someone was talking about I would just research it but it does talk a lot of time to understand everything. I am nowhere near where I want to be, maybe creatively but not technically. If you have a question about something I will be totally happy to explain it to you [/b]

Awww, thanks sweetie! I may just take ya up on that! I think I really will go get the "dummies" book, just to get some general information. I've done my own photo shoots of Claire in our house since she was a newborn and i have absolutely loved doing it (and most turned out pretty well!), so I think I have the creativity, I'm just lacking in the technical side!

P.S. I'll post some of the pics I've taken of Claire in the Picture Gallery and you can tell me what you think!

August 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Yay I'll check them out when you do, the book might be a good idea lemme know what you think of it if you do get it.

August 10th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Hart_N_Sole
I'd probably like to learn how to salsa dance... I was in ballet for most of my younger years, I miss dancing.
August 10th, 2007, 01:26 PM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love to learn ballroom/latin dancing, and I would also like to learn a foreign language. I took a lot of Spanish classes, and almost minored in it in college. But I dropped it when I realized I wouldn't be able to study abroad for a semester, so I never became immersed in it enough to be fluent. After 10 years, I've lost just about all of it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search