Anyone with a toddler and infant

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Do they share a room? Makayla is 4 months old and Matthew is almost 2. I have her in our room in a bassinet because i am afraid to put her in her crib, because i think they will both wake up if one does. so what does everyone do? Do they eventually get used to it and both not wake up?

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

August 25th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
I'm no help, just wanted to bump this for you. Hopefully some of the girls will have some input!

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
August 25th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Erin's First's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have two friends who's little ones shared a room.

Friend 1 had a 3 yo boy and a newborn girl. The boy was in a bed and the baby was in a crib. She had no problems with the older one waking up.

Friend 2 has two girls. The baby is still in a bassinet but she plans on putting her in a crib and the older one in a bed soon.

I know that if I had Jack share a room with a baby he would wake up b/c he is a light sleeper. I guess it just depends on the older child.
August 25th, 2007, 09:59 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a 25month old and one on the way. We have an extra room but I think I will have them share a room for a while once the little one arrives. A friend of mine did the same thing and it helped with bonding. The older one might wake up at first but you'd be surprised how soon they can tune this stuff out! They can usually role over and go back to sleep with no problem.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
August 25th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Thanks ladies, i think i am going to try it soon!

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

August 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Hi... Mommy of a 15 month toddler, and a 3 month old infant... Currently, the boys do not share a room, but in a few months, I plan to change that and have them sleeping in the same room so I can turn my first born's old room into a play area with all their toys.

I know a mom who has two the same age gap as mine, and they sleep in the same room together. If one wakes and cries, the other is likely to as well, but I'm sure in time they get used to being together and learn to ignore the other's crying. Both of my boys sleep through the night, so I have no idea if we'd have any issues if they were together now.
August 26th, 2007, 09:46 PM
alanjenniallie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to alanjenniallie
My daughter was 2 when we had my son. He was in our room till about 7 months old and then they shared a room. It was fine at night because my daughter is a deep sleeper and she got used to him crying. The only thing I didn't like was nap time. My daughter eventually quit napping and it was hard to keep her out of the bedroom when my son was taking a nap. Beisdes that, it was not a big deal to have them share!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search