Crib to Bed

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2004, 12:36 PM
CindyLou
When did you switch from crib to bed? What made you decide that?

We aren't close to switching but I am curious for everyone else.
December 10th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think we are going to make the transition after the new year, when things calm down from the holidays. I really like the containment of the crib..lol, but he can't stay there forever! Ben will be 2 the 23rd.

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
December 10th, 2004, 07:32 PM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
HMMMM... i have to try and remember, Bryce was 1.5 he was climbing out constantly so when we moved i just set up the toddler bed and he was set. kyndal was born 4 months later so it worked out perfect.

kyndal was about 19 months, she never tried to climb out but she wanted to sleep in a big girl bed and we just put the baby gate up in the doorway so she didn't wander around.

alayna is almost 20 months and she is still in the crib. she can climb out but doesn't. the baby is due in march but she can stay in the bassinet for a while. i am not sure when i am gonna try and move alayna to the reg bed, she is alot more "babyfied" than the other two were so i am kinda lost as to what to do with her. i don't want to move her out of it and put the baby right in. might make her jealous. i guess i need to start thinking about this stuff. LOL
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
December 10th, 2004, 08:09 PM
I Heart 4x4
Danny has been in a big boy bed since he was a year old. He never fell out or anything. To contain him in his room, I use a gate at his door.
December 11th, 2004, 12:15 PM
mom22boyz
With Mathew, I am not a 100% sure, but I know before he was 2 and Justin when we moved here last year, he was 16mths and we moved him into the bed at that time. I personally like them being in a bed, I have never had a problem with them since they got out of the crib!!
December 12th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Well we have the cribs that turn into daybeds, and it was our plan that we'd take off the side and they'd stay there until they got too tall. I planned on getting one of those rails that go half way down so they can climb out but don't actually fall out of the bed. But now I'm pregnant, so we are debating buying another crib, or buying two toddler beds. 2 toddler beds can cost as much as a crib so we are leaning to buying another crib. I like that cause that way they aren't losing their beds. We will probably do it when we move. They will be 23months. They really aren't ready right now, they are all over their beds and would fall out. So we'll see then.
December 12th, 2004, 03:03 PM
GraceC2's Avatar Veteran
Mason's too young right now (in my opinion at least)- he's 16 months- and I was really hoping that he'd be out of the crib long before we had another but lo and behold, the baby will here by May and he won't quite be 2 yet so I'm thinking we're still gonna have two cribs in the house. Maybe when things settle down after the baby and when he's closer to 2 I'll try but until then, I'm not concerned. Olivia was in the crib until about 2 also- I just liked the safety of it.

December 21st, 2004, 11:44 AM
proudmommyof5's Avatar Veteran
Juliann is two and is still in her crib and hasn't had any problems with climbing out. When we had Ryanne, Ethan was still sleeping in his crib and someone offered to give us another crib, so we don't have to worry about the new baby not having a crib. Nanda was out of her crib at 18 months. She just didn't seem to like it so we tried a toddlar bed and she did fine. Ethan stayed in his crib until he was three. Ryanne moved out of her crib around two years also becuase she is such a monkey and always tried to climb out.

Mommy to DD 9, DS 7, DD 5,
DD 2, & baby Gabriel Reid

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search