Oy .... what do I do now?

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2004, 05:37 PM
I Heart 4x4
Danny has already outsmarted me. And he's two. And it's sad.

He knows how to take the tops off of his tippy cups. He also knows that the ones where he can't take the lids off ... he can turn upside down and they'll go everywhere in an instant (grrr, can't they make a tippy cup that doesn't leak when held upside down??).

I've resorted to the tape. That's right. I tape the lid on!!! It's worked the last couple of days, but guess what ... today he learned to rip the tape off!!

I'm at my wits end. There has been so many milk and juice and water spills it's ridiculous!! Totally defeating the purpose of a tippy cup! He's not ready for a "big boy" cup yet ... not at all. I've tried. He throws the cup and well, you can imagine.

AH!
December 23rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
how about trying a different type of sippy- they have sport drink sippys now with straws where you flip up the straw.

What kind is he taking off? the ones that screw on? I use the disposable ones the the lids pop on or off and the new ones are harder to take off unless you have nails-maybe those might help LOL or perhaps you just need to use duct tape instead? who knows I wish I had a better solution for you.

-Dori
December 23rd, 2004, 05:49 PM
I Heart 4x4
We have just about every type of tippy cup there is!! We have the disposable, the screw on, cheap, expensive ... doesn't matter!
December 24th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
AVent Magic cups! I have tried 5 different sippy cups, and have the same problem your having. The ones that they like the best are those cheap disposable ones that the water just drips out of and they can pop the lid of easy. they throw them and turn them upside down to watch the liquid drop out. The Avent magic cups (a little expensive) are the only ones I have found that absoluetly do not drip. The stopper is totall different from any of the other ones. buy just one and try it cause they are a little expensive, but if he likes it then your problem is solved. Put the lid on tight and he'll have a hard time getting it off. It screws like a bottle ring.
December 24th, 2004, 05:20 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
I get spill proof sippy cups at walmart. They aren't too expensive either. Most of the ones they make now a days ARE spill proof. I'm not sure which kind you are buying

</div>
December 25th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Ma2RayPooh
YIKES!
December 27th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it duct tape your using? lol

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search