Bedroom Dilemma

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2004, 08:31 PM
Regular
My daughter Alexa is 18 months and we are expecting our second daughter in April. My original plan was to move Alexa into a larger room with new furniture/ decor and have the new baby take her old room which is smaller. I need opinions on whether or not you think this is a good idea or not. Will it effect Alexa to have a new room and new sister? Should I keep Alexa in her current room? Or do you think I am overreacting and she will be just fine with the changes? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
December 31st, 2004, 08:44 PM
ranidae
Hmm not exactly sure, I would just make sure that you make the "new" room something fun, let her help decorate, a great way to do this is to get white bedsheets and using natural non toxic dies let her decorate them. I have let Krystle do this many times I will use frozen berries such as raspberries and blueberries, put them in a paint tray and let her make handprints and foot prints or any thing she wants to put patterns on them. Also along the same line you can take a nice piece of hemmed fabric and let her do the same, then hang it on the wall like you would a quilt. Also let her help get the "babies" room ready, have her make a special hanging for the babies wall too something like that.

Also I know Krystle was older, but instead of refering to the baby as "the Baby, or our Baby" refer to her as "your baby sister" making sure to use the word "Your" everytime. She will adjust better that way, because instead of being jealous she will be curious, and willing to try to help.

that is all I can think of right now
January 7th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to duemarch20th
[SIZE=7]I let my daughter pick out a bed and help decorate her room when she was 2 and she loved it the only thing is she picked multi colored bunkbeds which made decorating kinda hard but it was what she wanted. now her baby sister is going to have her room and she loves tht too cause it was her room when she was a little baby.
January 8th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Sweet Louison's Avatar Veteran
we let ds1 keep his room when ds2 was on the way....but we had moved into our current home...6 months before and had never painted it...soooo...we moved ds1 into the new babies room and then finished his room...before we began work on the babies...he did fine in either room

hollie
January 9th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think moving her is fine as long as you do it soon and not too close to when the baby is born. That way, Alexa will have a chance to get used to her new room and hopefully, won't feel "displaced" by the baby.

I think it's a great idea to make it something fun and to let her pick out some or all of the decorations,bed coverings, etc.
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

January 9th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I agree, I'd move her as soon as possible, and not relate it to the baby at all. Make it a treat for her and all about her, letting her pick stuff out and such. Then when the baby comes she'll be used to it and you'll cut down on the possibility of resentment.
January 10th, 2005, 05:59 AM
supernatural's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to supernatural
We moved Madeleine who is 2 to her new room about 3 months ago and we found it went great. We let her feel involved in the move and pick some bits and pieces for the room, we did make sure that the move was well before our baby was due though.

Host to Close Pregnancies and Potty Training.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search