how many of your toddlers still sleep with you??

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2005, 10:45 AM
mommytobailie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommytobailie
just wanted to see how many of yall's toddlers still sleep with you?? mine does usually but during the day she'll sleep in her bed.. just want opions..

Kara 25 married to ben 26
our daughter bailie 3 yrs old
TTC # 2 for nearly 2 yrs now

<a href="http://www.GlitterMaker.com/</a>

Kara- 26 years old
Ben - 27 years old
Married March 9th 2001
Bailie- 4 years old
January 1st, 2005, 10:53 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine will if he's sick. If you want her to sleep in her own bed then you should try it at night. If she sleeps in there for her naps it should be too hard of a transition.

January 1st, 2005, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, my ds has his own bed in his own room and sleeps there, but I usually sleep in there with him. He needs me there to fall asleep and then by the time he's out, I'm usually too tired to move or asleep myself.
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

January 1st, 2005, 02:10 PM
tara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tara
I'm starting to think they never cut the cord when Anne-Marie was born. She acts like part of her wants to sleep in her room and part of her wants to be in bed with me and dh. We will be getting her a "big girl" bed right before the baby is born, and she seems excited about that. Here's hoping and praying that she wants to sleep in her room when the baby arrives!!

Host for
Baby/Children's Gear
Co-host for
April Playroom
January 1st, 2005, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Mine will not sleep with me and I wish sometimes they would. When they have a bad night or are sick they want one us (usually me) to sit in the rocking chair and hold them while they sleep. It would be so much easier if they would just go to bed with us, but they just cry and scream.
January 1st, 2005, 04:49 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
mine has a bed in her room but I put her to slepp and Then I stay with her!!
she has trouble breathing at night and wakes ALOT!!! ans snores then coughs and wakes a lot too!! so It eaiser to sleep with her
January 1st, 2005, 05:35 PM
Veteran
We have the same problem. She has to fall asleep in our bed or at least with one of us in her bed (which is hard because it's twin with side rails on each side). We put her in her bed when asleep, but most times she ends up coming back in. I want to close her door, but I'm afraid she will freak out and wake Brian up, who is in the next room. She has been falling asleep on the couch for naps, but never wants to fall asleep on her own in her room.
January 1st, 2005, 05:47 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
Crista has been sleeping in her own bed for a while now. (since 4 months and it was a struggle to get her to do it!)

Now she will sometimes (maybe once or twice a week) wake up at like 2 or 3am and come get in bed with us and will sleep until like 9 lol.

But she knows that that is the only time she is allowed to sleep with me\us. If she really isn't feeling good or is sad, then I would let her sleep with me just to make her feel better. And if she were to start coming into my bed more than 2x a week then she wouldn't be allowed to do that anymore either just because when they make it a habit of sleepign with mommy and daddy, its REAL hard to break.

</div>
January 1st, 2005, 06:04 PM
AuntieFromBama
Daleigh does. She sleeps with me everynight.
January 1st, 2005, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will lay down with Ben in our bed for about an hour. It's nice quiet time, just us 3. Then, I make a big deal of putting all of his stuff in his bed, and turning on his music, then it's off to his bed.

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
January 3rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mommytobailie@Jan 1 2005, 02:45 PM
just wanted to see how many of yall's toddlers still sleep with you?? mine does usually but during the day she'll sleep in her bed.. just want opions..

Kara 25 married to ben 26
our daughter bailie 3 yrs old
TTC # 2 for nearly 2 yrs now
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Hello, Im a mother of 4 and one on the way. My 2yr & 4yr have a hard time sleepping their own beds.My 4yr is getting better if she wakes up her dad goes back to her bed and lays down with her until she falls asleep. 2yr falls asleep in our bed then we put her in her own bed,next to her sis bed, sometimes she stays all night and sometimes she comes in our room. But we keep trying. Having kids in your bed all the time can put a halt on the sex life a little bit. Im also 7mo pg. We are running out of room.HAHA.
Good luck
Kelly
January 3rd, 2005, 08:05 PM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
Alayna is the only child of mine that will not sleep in our bed and sometimes I wish she would. I am also glad too cuz my baby gut takes up most of the room
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
January 3rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
Liam sleeps with us, and probably will until he no longer feels the need to do so. We both really enjoy co-sleeping with him. He has a toddler bed at the end of our bed and we'll start to implement at least starting off there (after he's nursed to sleep) more when he's a little older. For now, this works for us.
January 4th, 2005, 06:50 AM
I Heart 4x4
Heckkkkkkkkkkk no.

I am so 100% against cosleeping .... it makes the kid way too dependent. And not to mention, it's a PITA to have sex when you have a toddler in your bed. They need to be in their own room, in their own bed - from day 1. When they're sick, it's okay to let them fall asleep in your room - but not sleep there overnight. I have only let Danny sleep in our bed once - and that was only because he was scared and we were visiting my MIL and I didn't want to bother people with him whining. No one got ANY sleep that night and gah, it was horrible.

IMHO ... Your bedroom is for you and your DH. You should sleep together in the same room, if not in the same bed. I think it's important to a marriage to not sleep apart.

Bring on the flames!
January 4th, 2005, 09:21 AM
mom22boyz
The only times the boys sleep in my bed is when they are not feeling well or if they have a nightmare, but I usually take them back to bed after they fall asleep. Actually lately I have been sleeping in there bed for them to go to sleep, its easier, so then I don't have to worry about carrying them back to bed, but this isn't all the time, its only when a bad dream happens!! Luckily it doesn't happen often cause its way to hard to sleep in a twin bed !!
January 4th, 2005, 09:22 AM
mom22boyz
Quote:
Originally posted by I Heart 4x4@Jan 4 2005, 09:50 AM
Heckkkkkkkkkkk no.

I am so 100% against cosleeping .... it makes the kid way too dependent. And not to mention, it's a PITA to have sex when you have a toddler in your bed. They need to be in their own room, in their own bed - from day 1. When they're sick, it's okay to let them fall asleep in your room - but not sleep there overnight. I have only let Danny sleep in our bed once - and that was only because he was scared and we were visiting my MIL and I didn't want to bother people with him whining. No one got ANY sleep that night and gah, it was horrible.*

IMHO ... Your bedroom is for you and your DH. You should sleep together in the same room, if not in the same bed. I think it's important to a marriage to not sleep apart.

Bring on the flames!
[/quote]

I agree Ashley, I think they become to dependent on you!! No flames from me !!
January 4th, 2005, 12:20 PM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by mom22boyz+Jan 4 2005, 11:22 AM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-I Heart 4x4
Quote:
@Jan 4 2005, 09:50 AM
Heckkkkkkkkkkk no.

I am so 100% against cosleeping .... it makes the kid way too dependent. And not to mention, it's a PITA to have sex when you have a toddler in your bed. They need to be in their own room, in their own bed - from day 1. When they're sick, it's okay to let them fall asleep in your room - but not sleep there overnight. I have only let Danny sleep in our bed once - and that was only because he was scared and we were visiting my MIL and I didn't want to bother people with him whining. No one got ANY sleep that night and gah, it was horrible.*

Bring on the flames!
I agree Ashley, I think they become to dependent on you!! No flames from me !!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

that's very interesting. My oldest co-slept off an on until he was 4 and has always been very very very independent. My middle son NEVER co-slept and he's 11 and his sleep is crap, he can't stay asleep, he says he never sleeps (?), and Liam is 21 months and he also plays very independently. They aren't supposed to independent for many many years. I'm not flaming, but I also WANT my childrent o depend on me, it's what I'm here for. I slept with my parents off and on most of my childhood, we're all very very close but I was never a dependent and needy child.
January 4th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Veteran
Gracie is almost three and cosleeps with us (most of the time) and is very independent except for bedtime. We never had any kind of separation anxiety issues with her.

Brian is almost a year and a half and never liked to cosleep and he's the clingiest kid I've ever seen.

Cosleeping often makes you and DH get creative for those frisky nights.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search