Sippy cup transition.

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2005, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
At what age did you start to transition to sippy cups? When did they fully use a sippy without bottles?

Did you transition with Milk or Formula?

What type of sippy did you use?
January 3rd, 2005, 06:10 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We made the transition at about a year old. He wouldnt take a sippy before then. He still gets a bottle at bedtime. We used juice in the sippy. Sometimes milk. But all this happened around the time we switched from formula to milk so we never used formula in it. We use the soft spout Nubby. It doesnt leak AT ALL. And after trying 3 diffent kinds its the only one he would take and the cheapest. You can get them at walmart.

January 3rd, 2005, 08:21 AM
NicoleG4
We started the sippy cup at 6 months old. But he refuses to give his bottle up at bed time. We tried almost all of them, Zach seemed to like anything with a contour in the middle,
January 3rd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Well my boys couldn't hold their bottle until a year old, so I didn't even try before that. When they could hold their own bottles I introduced the sippy and I'm still fighting to get them to give up the bottle. They'll be 2 next month. I plan on pushing it after we move and they settle in. I don't want to much change at once. Then the bottles are dissapearing. We've tried them all too but in the begining the only ones they would take were the ones with a truly soft spout. The others they couldn't figure out how to get anything out and just got frustrated. For a long time they chewed on it to get anything out. I started by using it at meal times and i put either milk or juice or water in it. They were off formula by then.
January 3rd, 2005, 01:59 PM
Veteran
At what age did you start to transition to sippy cups? When did they fully use a sippy without bottles? Gracie was 12 months old and drinking everything BUT milk from a cup. At 15 months she finally took milk out of her cup. Brian was weaned from a bottle around 11 months.

Did you transition with Milk or Formula? I started mixing both for Gracie and went cold turkey with Brian.

What type of sippy did you use? Avent for Gracie, Nuby for Brian.
January 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
Crista went to a sippy about a month after her first bday. (I was taking a trip to my inlaws and wanted to wait until after to switch her since I knew traveling might be difficult) She was already switched to milk and I just took away the bottle and gave her the sippy only. She never had a problem with it. I just looked and found cute non-spill sippys.. I wasn't too particular about it.

</div>
January 5th, 2005, 08:33 PM
I just did it cold turkeyat 10 and half months old and she was fine with it!!

January 7th, 2005, 07:49 AM
JenniBMomof3's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to JenniBMomof3 Send a message via MSN to JenniBMomof3
[FONT=Geneva]We introduced the sippy cup at 6 months. He didn't want anything to do with it. He is 17 months now and the only cup he will drink out of is those disposable ones. They aren't spill proof but he does great with them. I've tried every kind of cup out there. He still has one bottle a day. At night.[/FONT]
January 7th, 2005, 08:21 AM
zonapellucida
It was different wiht each child. ella still takes the "boob" and the bottle but gets a sippy wiht her meals. She is almost 20 mo. I use Avent, Gerber, Palytex, Nubby. She has no preference but I like the Nubby opnes since they are only two pieces although I only own one. I have 11 of the Avent ones and am not overly fond of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search