therapy in the park

Forum: Children with Vision, Hearing & Sensory Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Vision, Hearing & Sensory Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
lol we had therapy in the park on Monday! it was 70 something out and the vision educator and mobility therapist decided they wanted to see Avery in the park. We finished our evaluation and she is doing so good!! Over the last few weeks she has just jumped milestones!!
She now WANTS to get out of her own bubble. Like before she had no interest in moving away when sitting, no she is strectching and turning and attempting to move. She is throwing herself on her belly which she hates ,but she keeps doing it! lol Her brain says its time to move but her body is not quite ready! She is standing to play now but can't pull up yet.

Also we have been trying to get her to eat solids since like 2 days before she turned 6 months and she has refused!!! Tongue reflex was still there till around 7 months. She wouldnt' eat anything! I even tried chocolate frosting!! lol NOTHING!

well last week, she knawed on a breadstick at Olive Garden, then Sunday she ate pieces of a donut. BUT 2 days ago she really ate off a spoon, opening her mouth and leaning into the spoon. Before she would clamp her mouth shut or push her tongue out like a 4 month old learning to eat kinda thing. Last night I fed her oatmeal with BM and sure enough she actualy ate what I made her, probably 2 tablespoons!!! I am so proud of her!! Even if it took almost 9 months to eat!

we have ECI and vision therapy on Monday and go over what they will be doing for her. Like how often they will see her and such. ECI is every other week, but the school district does the vision stuff and they are sooo much better

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 7th, 2010, 01:37 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
I am glad the session have been going well and she has managed to jump these milestones. Keep up the good work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search