Jenny McCarthy on Larry King live tonight

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else planning on watching it?
April 2nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't know she was going to be on. I'll try to catch it. She's been making false claims lately and it's bugging me. But I still think she's an inspiration for doing all that she has for her son.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
April 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What kind of false claims is she making?
April 2nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
She bugs the poop out of me. The way she is twisting current events, she is using her celebrity to spread propaganda - how convenient that she is promoting her book at the same time....

Christina, she actually made the statement that the court ruled that vaccines cause autism, I heard and saw her say it myself on another show - when that is not true - but many people won't look to the whole story.
Plus the comment she made about watching the soul drain form her son's eyes when he got his MMR - really bothered me , I truly dislike scare tactics, and I don't like an autistic stare likened to being soulless - it implies one is empty, and just because someone isn't expressve doens't mean they are empty.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 2nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Tofu Bacon
^^Yes, that upset me, too! Ya'll know how I feel about vaxes, but the fact is that the court ruled on one isolated case.

Quote:
and I don't like an autistic stare likened to being soulless - it implies one is empty, and just because someone isn't expressve doens't mean they are empty.[/b]
ITA. Children with autism are beautiful and special in their own way
April 2nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I think I do remember hearing something about making that comment about her son.
April 2nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
She bugs the poop out of me. The way she is twisting current events, she is using her celebrity to spread propaganda - how convenient that she is promoting her book at the same time....

Christina, she actually made the statement that the court ruled that vaccines cause autism, I heard and saw her say it myself on another show - when that is not true - but many people won't look to the whole story.
Plus the comment she made about watching the soul drain form her son's eyes when he got his MMR - really bothered me , I truly dislike scare tactics, and I don't like an autistic stare likened to being soulless - it implies one is empty, and just because someone isn't expressve doens't mean they are empty.[/b]
I couldn't have said it better myself.

As far as everything I have looked into there is NO proven cause for autism. It's been studied to the molecular level. But in my opinion, I would rather have an autistic child who is alive and well than to chance my child getting an illness that could have easily been prevented by a vaccine. But I know this can be argued and I don't want to start an argument.

Jenny is not a doctor and has no right to use her celebrity to get people to believe what she wants them too. How can she prove that vaccines cause autism? She can't! I just wish she would be less opinionated. Why not let people be informed and make up their own minds? Can't she use her fame to raise awareness instead of trying to push her beliefs on people?

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
April 3rd, 2008, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I watched and Jenny was annoying! Opionated is a understatement lol! I was not impressed one bit.
April 3rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didnt' watch it. Like some of the others, I'm not a Jenny M fan. It doesn't really have anything to do with her son having autism though...I've just always found her annoying.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search