It could have been worse!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2008, 02:52 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I forgot to lock Pickle's door last night and who knows what time he woke up but he came downstairs on his own, climbed over the gate, pushed a stool over to the junk cupboard and got through the child-lock and got out my multi-screwdriver - I know this because when I came downstairs the gate was still locked, but he was watching TV and the cupboard door was still open with the stool next to it, and the screwdriver was on the sofa, and every battery-operated item in the room was on the floor in pieces and emptied of it's batteries AND the coffee pot was on, and he had made coffee! Yikes! I am soooo glad he didn't burn himself! He even had poured some into my favorite mug and added sugar and coffeemate, so much of it that the spoon stood up straight, it was like wet coffee-scented sand in a mug It could have been worse though. Some months ago he put the square pot holders in the toaster and started a fire. That was when we only had outlet covers on the child-level outlets - now we have all the appliances unplugged when not in use and locking covers on those outlets - all but the coffeemaker because it's a Bunn and needs to be plugged in to keep the reservoir water hot. I am feeling so lucky he didn't hurt himself getting into something. If anyone ever says smething about me for locking my kid in his room at night I shall have to relate this anecdote to them - it's for all of our safety!

Please, someone share some mischief their kid got into, tell me I am not the only one!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear ya! Cameron is a bit young yet and still waits in his room for us to get him, but my niece did something like that a few times. One time she got up and decided to "get ready for work like mommy" and started to trim and pluck her eyebrows (half her eyebrows got chopped off from the trimmer) and this was the week before my wedding! She was the flower girl. Thank God for bangs!

Another time she wanted to make breakfast so she put pretty much anything you could think of in a pan on the stove and created some sort of concoction! Thankfully my sister found her before she turned the stove on. But she insisted my sister at least try it ROFL!! I hope my kids never make me eat anything like that.

Too funny. I'm so glad he's ok though.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
April 4th, 2008, 07:04 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
Geez that's scary! I am so glad he's okay!

I vividly recall when my DD was 3. We kept a baby gate on her door at night but she had no problems pushing it out of the way. One morning I woke up and came out in the living room to find a BUTCHER KNIFE on the floor! And there were hacked-up bits of strawberry all over the carpet and coffee table. Apparently she wanted to help me by preparing the berries for breakfast. I just about had a heart attack when I saw that knife! Thank goodness she wasn't hurt, not even a scratch. She used a kitchen chair, dragged it to the counter, climbed across the counter, and got to the knife block. I *thought* we had childproofed enough but apparently not! We actually wound up tying the kitchen chairs to the kitchen table with just enough slack to sit down, so that she couldn't drag them into the kitchen and get in trouble. She is obsessed with water so that kept her out of the sink too.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
April 4th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Tofu Bacon
Dh had washed the dishes one evening and forgot to put the steak knives in the locked drawer right away. Next morning ds was eating his breakfast in the living room while I was nursing dd in the next room, came out to find all of the knives sticking in the arm of the couch!!! I was so shocked and considered not menttioning it to dh (like he wuldn't notice!) but hey, better the couch gets knifed-up than ds cut himself.
April 4th, 2008, 04:12 PM
jscaskey's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jscaskey Send a message via MSN to jscaskey Send a message via Yahoo to jscaskey
In Feb. my husband and I went to Columbus to pick up our new car, because we had to be there so early, we left our son (8) and daughter (15 months) with my mom overnight.
I get a call from my mom, who had heard my son (whom has a dx of ADHD but now they want to look at Aspergers) clanging something downstairs. She thought that he was making some chocolate milk. She yelled "Ethan what are you doing?" and he said "Nothing!" and she didn't trust the sound of that, so she went downstairs and he had the fluid for the fireplace, dipping it in the oil and hitting it in the fireplace...WITH a long lighter that my mom uses to light the fireplace.
My mom looks to the left and he's used the lighter on my daughters pony (fake ride on) and BURNT several areas of its fur...the room smelled like burnt plastic from it.
Ethan is just smiling and saying "I am trying to build a fire Wee-Wee (what he calls my mom)!"

No wonder I have gray hair!

April 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow I am glad Gus is ok. Jay has not done anything to crazy yet. He goes to turn the toaster oven on at times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search