How awesome would this be!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The therapy center where we go for private pay therapy is wanting to get a summer preschool started this summer for a few of their patients. It will be run like a normal preschool but each child with have 1 therapist assigned to them so it will be 1 on 1. They will do the same activities as in a reg. preschool but for part of the time they will have their own speecher with them and hae speech therapy with the activity, then they will have an ot for OT, and so on....

His speecher said when they mentioned the idea she instantly thought of my brayden! And asked if we'd be interested! I screamed YES!

They are waiting now to see if they can work out the details of funding it---they are a non prof. organization and a lot of their fees are paid through a local charity, and they have a stepped fee scale. And they also need to see if they'd have enough kids to take part in it. I'm praying they get it started! That would be GREAT for my lil guy!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
April 5th, 2008, 08:44 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that sounds fantastic!!! I hope they can get that started up and Brayden can participate!

April 5th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That would be so cool!
April 5th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That would be great Missica
I hope they can get it going...it would help so many little ones.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
April 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so exciting! What a great program to have. I sure hope they get it funded.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
April 9th, 2008, 09:45 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Awesome! We have a similar program here, Gus went last summer, it;s run by volunteer STs and OTs and preschool teachers, and they even had a bus pick him up! It really helped him to to have that daily therapy and "school" throughout the summer, as he was so used to it and benefitting so much from it during the school year. I really hope your program is able to get off the ground, crossing my fingers for you and Brayden!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search