Jay had his evalation today

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2008, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
At the school where he will attend preschool. There were three people other then me present. The coordinator, a teacher and a OT. I talked to them about the classes and they will be putting him a Autism support class. They said that he will probaly not be able to attend preschool during the summer since the class is full but they will send a teacher out to our place. They even provide transportation to and from school. Jay did alot of visual stimming during the during the evaluation.

We were waiting for dh to pick Jay and I up. They had ride on toys ect.. THere was a car and you open the doors to get in. You push with your feet. Jay loved it. This it....

We went to mini mart to get some snacks then went back to the school. There was a girl about the age of five and she was in that car thing. Jay went over while she was in it and wanted to open and close the doors. He was trying to interact with her. He was babbling and she was like why don't you talk. She was getting irratated so redirected to something else. He went back over and she said he is a dumb baby. I know she is just a kid but I wanted to scream. It felt like a knife in my heart. I know kids usually say whats on there mind but that had me so upset.
April 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That would be so heartbreaking! On the upside, it's great that he was trying to interact with her!

April 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Glad to hear Jay will be going into the Autism Support class, it will be so good for him! Sorry the preschool is full though, but it sounds liek they are going to do all they can for him
Aw, that must've been so hard when that little girl reacted that way to Jay. Try not to take it to heart, to a 5 year old, any 2-3 year old might seem like a "dumb baby", she probably didn't mean it as anything more than that. To look at Jay one would not know he has delays, especially not a kid. And like Jess said, how great that he was trying to interact! (((hugs)))

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies

I felt a little silly today. I think it was mama bear coming out. Plus I got picked on alot in school for being shy so I think that is one of the reasons I got upset.
April 22nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
I totally understand about the other children.. It's rough.. and it's only natural to wanna defend your child that is completely clueless ya know? to you guys

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search