My son was diagnosed w/ PVL....

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
HI I'm new here and hope it's okay if I just jump right in....

PVL is Periventricular Leukomalacia.....we were just told this by his neurologist on Monday. He had an MRI 3 weeks ago.
My son is 16 months old and not walking or crawling has a vocabulary of only a few words, he pretty much acts like a 8-9 month old in my opinion. He is enrolled w/ an eary intervention program as well so someone comes out and works w/ him a few times a month. He will probably need PT too.
I'm just wondering if there are any other mommies here w/ children who have PVL.
thanks!

Oh and I'm Robyn, 28 yr old SAHM to Megan 9, Elijah 6, Andrew 4, and Joshua 16 months. I'm married to Chad & we live in Michigan.

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
April 23rd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Veteran
Hi Robin,
Welcome to the board. I am Jenn and I have 3 children. I have a daughter who is almost 13 and two boys - ages 3 and 5. My older son has PVL. He is 5 yrs old now and was diagnosed when he was 6 months old. How long has EI been working with your son? My little guy started OT at 7 mos, PT at 8 months and ST at 14 months. He crawled at 15 months and walked at almost 2 yrs. He is in Kindergarten this year and it has been a pretty good year.

I'd love to hear more about Joshua!

Jenn (who has no fancy siggy)
April 23rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
Hi Jen!

Thanks for writing back! Joshua is such a easy going happy baby. We truly have been blessed. He has been in Early On for about 2 months now...the therapist has seen him 3 times. My husband and I really need to work with him. Early On isn't through the summer though and I will have to find some PT for him elsewhere. Your son walked at 2 yrs old huh......I really think that is a good goal for us. I would be thrilled with that at this point! It sounds like with this disease that it's a big unknown....is that how you felt too??

As for the siggy.....I had someone in my Dec 2006 playroom make it for me! I'm quite addicted to JM!!

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search