Carson's hearing test ( X POSTED)

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Well, he's completely deaf in his left ear.
We only got through 1/2 the test.. he was melting down fast so,we got 1/2 way through, she comes in, starts asking me a whole bunch of ?'s
And then she says ' has he ever been evaulated or tested for autism?' I just laughed and said.. funny you should ask.. we're headed down that road to figure that out, bla bla bla.....she gave me the name and number of a evaulation "ist" ( i know thats not what they're called!) lol.. that specializes in autism and other PDD's.. it's in tampa,(about an 1 .5 away) she does evals on wed. for free just 'cuz she wants to. ( it'd be free anyways 'cuz he has medicaid thank god) so the next step is, to call her, get the eval set up,( they called our ped from there and he gave the go ahead, I just gotta go get the script once I get Carson an apt.) And then we go back the 15th to finish up the hearing test..
She said he has good vibrations, and pretty good listening/hearing out of the right, but, no vibrations.. no nothin' out of the left..
Soooo here we go yet down another rough road.. please just keep us your prayers! They'd be much appreciated!!!!
April 23rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Oh, I'm sorry about his partial deafness (((hugs)))
That's good news about getting him an official evaluation though.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 23rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH hun I'm so sorry. But now that you know about his partial deafness and possible autism there is so much you can do to help him. You are a wonderful mother. Look at how much you've done for him already. I'll pray for your family. We're here if you need us.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
April 23rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
your kind words, and just the simple fact that you "get me" and "get it" comfort me more than you will ever know.. thanks so much
April 23rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've all been there and know how hard it can be. PM me if you ever need anything at all.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
April 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry hun. It is hard at first. You know by catching it early he has even better chances. Its not easy but when they reach even the smallest milestone its even sweeter. The ladies here are wonderful and supportive.
April 24th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just read your other post so I wanted to welcome you to the board.
So sorry that Carson is partially deaf I agree with the others, its one step closer to getting him appropriate help. Wishing you lots of luck with the upcoming eval.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search