One of our worst days yet I think...

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
OMGoodness what a crappy day this has beeen!!!!
First of all.. we've been having major poop issues lately.. and now his little bum is red. I am just now learning there is digestive issues along w/this.. I did not know,but it makes VERY clear sense to us.. Carson's always had digestive probs, and tons of tummy issues..
And today I think, was the longest, and worst meldown we've had yet.. I was in Ross w/my aunt and Clay (Ross is like khols or mervyns) He was in his stroller, content and just taking it all in as he usually does.. and then BAM! He just starts crying!! I ofcourse tried EVERYTHING to consol him, calming words, juice,binky (which he threw across the store). I even offered to let him get out and hold my hand.. NO!! (he knows that word!) Infact, if we tried to come near him, he freaked out more, so,I was left to just let him scream and flail and ofcourse cause a scene while I was trying to check-out!! So, I go to leave.. he's still going at it.. Clay had fallen asleep in the front of the cart.. NOW I have to get.. my sleeping son into the stroller, my screaming son OUT of it so that I can carry him and push his sleeping brother out ( the darn carts don't go outside) I'm literally carrying Carson like a sack of potatoes underneath my arm! We get in the car and head home.. he screamed ALL the way home.. These meltdowns are getting more and more violent I've noticed.. throwing the binky,kicking more,trying to swing at things/people etc..
FINALLY, we get to my house.. I get him out of the car, HE BOLTS! Down the sidewalk he goes! I'm running after him ofcourse.. I finally get ahold of him and he falls to the ground and just was sobbing... I managed to get him in the house,and calm him down finally..
My aunt was speachless to say the least.. She ofcourse knows Carson's problems,but, today I think was the first time she had ever seen anything SO bad!!! The rest of the night he's just been super frustrated and mean to his brother.. He's finally asleep.. thank goodness! I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day for all!! The eval lady called me today to let me know she hadn't forgot about me, and to call her Monday to get an offical date set for his 3hr eval.. THANK goodness!! I'm(we're) in desperate need of some therapy to figure out how to work through these kinds of days..
May 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Big hugs mama. Those violent meltdowns are hard to deal with. Is Carson constipated or loose stools. Jay is having some belly issues to. I hope you can get your evaluation soon.
May 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Diarrhea TERRIBLY!!!
May 2nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Oh boy, that sounds like one of my days! Right down to the runny poop! Big hugs to you mama (((hugs)))

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search