I'm new here...

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2008, 11:35 PM
Veteran
Hello--

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I found just mommies while looking for cloth diapering info and saw the autism forum. It seems it would be nice to connect with others outside my usual groups of friends that are all in-person.

I have 3 boys. My oldest Charlie has Aspergers/High Functioning autism. My 7 year old Ethan is on the severe side of autistic. I also have an almost 6 month old who is developing typically so far (but my other two seemed typical at this age, too, so who knows).

They are all great boys, and really a joy to me. Even though they can be challenging of course, I wouldn't trade them for the world!

Also, I live in the greater Seattle area where we get a mix of services. Pretty good (or at least not bad) school services. We still do ABA type home program for our 7 year old who is non-verbal.

Thanks,
Cathy

Mom to Charlie (10), Ethan (7) and Desmond (11/07)
May 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome. My name is Christina. I have two boys. Jay will be 3 next month and Jonathan is almost 18 months. Jay was dx with moderate autism in febuary.
May 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Natalie SAHM to Cameron (moderate to high ASD and he'll be 3 at the end of July) and Tyler (almost 5 months old). This is a great place to talk about your achievements (how ever small) and your frustrations. We're all in the same boat and we understand what life is like. Just jump right in and post away. Can't wait to get to know more about your and your 3 boys!

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
May 4th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy

I'm Melissa. We're new here too I'm married to Brandon, and we have two boys. Clay is 4, and Carson will be 2 on June 4th. Carson is in the eval stage of being DX'd He was DX'd by the ped, but we are waiting to see what is what and how severe and such after his eval's..
I love it here! I am very active on JM, and this board is where I truly feel the most comfortable to talk about Carson..
May 5th, 2008, 12:03 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Hi Cathy, welcome! I'm near Seattle too, sort of - Whidbey Island. We got our diagnosis of autism in Bremerton. My little ASD guy is Angus, aka Gus aka Pickle. I also have a 6 year old Jack and 5 year old Mia and 18 month old Sydney. Hope to get to know you!

ETA Oh, forgot to say, I'm Crissy I also co-host the Cloth Diapering Board Are you cloth diapering your youngest or looking into it?

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
May 5th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Hi Cathy, welcome! I'm near Seattle too, sort of - Whidbey Island. We got our diagnosis of autism in Bremerton. My little ASD guy is Angus, aka Gus aka Pickle. I also have a 6 year old Jack and 5 year old Mia and 18 month old Sydney. Hope to get to know you!

ETA Oh, forgot to say, I'm Crissy I also co-host the Cloth Diapering Board Are you cloth diapering your youngest or looking into it?[/b]

It's nice to meet you all. Thanks!

I have seen your posts all over the Cloth Diapering Board, Crissy. I am just starting to cloth diaper my youngest. I did cloth with my older two, and have decided to do it again because I like it so much better. I've been amazed and somewhat overwhelmed with all the choices compared to 10 years ago when I CD'd my first. They are all so cute nowadays, and it's tempting to go crazy buying all the cute diapers I see. I've bought 1 bum genius to start out and I will get 3 more tomorrow...exciting! I've got more on the way, too...I hope I don't become addicted!

Thanks!
Cathy

Mom to Charlie (10), Ethan (7) and Desmond (11/07)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search