About the Autism walk and festival Pics included

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The walk started around noon. It was a beautiful day around 70 degress. We walked 5k which is 3.3 miles. We walked through Lancaster city. I tryed not to think about how tired I was. I am going to be really sore tommorow because I can already feel it now. Its ok because it was worth it. It was small group of people who walked. I would say less then 50. When we came back they had hots dogs chips and drinks. This year the festival was larger. They had alot of vendors and even more activies to do there. They had the k-pets there. They are dogs. For some reason Jay was scared of the dogs. Usually he loves animals but whenever we walked by the dogs he freaked out. They had a sensory tent. They had things to make stress balls. They put playdough inside of a ballon. They also little plastic contaniors for the kids to put beans in to shake. They had bubbles blowing and that was a big hit. We spent alot of time there. They also had a area where you could paint ceramic animals. They had face painting but Jay does not like that and Jonathan was not interested. I got a t shirt that says Autism awareness is 12 months a year or something like that and a note holder thing that is wooden and was painted and has the puzzle peices. I also came across a stand for a chripractor. I have a hump in my neck/ back and have alot of pain to the point that the only place I can is sleep is the couch. If I sleep in a bed the pain wakes me up at night. I go on wensday to see him and get x rays. I may start taking Jay to because I can bring my family in for no extra cost. They had info on asthma so I want to see getting Jay adjusted will help with that. I was tired but I did not want to leave. Met alot of great people and it was good to be around people that do not judge because they know what its like.

Habib,Heather and Jay

Habib,me and Jay

Chilling before the walk

Taking a break from the walk

One of the Kpets

This dog is almost as big as me

Making a necklace

Runing around
April 25th, 2009, 01:51 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Sounds like a great day all around! And how nice that YOU were able to get some help from it, I hope the chiro can help your neck pain!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 25th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had to cancel the appt because the chriprator is not in network with are insurance and it would be a four thousand deductible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search