Onesies/bodysuits?

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2011, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all I've been on the hunt for onesies/bodysuits for my 4 year old Daniel. He needs them for ummm.....well issues he has and I've been having one heck of a time finding them in a 4T size. I've found a few on amazon but they're very expensive---anyone know of a place that might have them? All winter I've had him dressed in footed pajamas with his regular clothing over but now that it's warming up(sort of)I don't want him to get over-heated. Thanks for any recommendations.

April 21st, 2011, 07:38 PM
Mis-Bis
Can you tell us what the issues are to better understand how to help? Or you can PM me. I have a son his age too so I bet you won't shock me. I don't really know of any place that may have them in that size. I haven't seen a onesie go past 3T. Sorry.
April 21st, 2011, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
His issues are he won't keep his hands out of his diaper and will smear feces everywhere at any point, not to mention he thinks his penis is funny and often will just pull it of the side of the diaper if he's in just a diaper, underwear and pants hence the reasoning behind the footed pajamas and now trying to find bodysuits/onesies. Autistic boys(at least the ones I've dealt with)are silly little creatures.

April 21st, 2011, 07:48 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I found some gerber ones in 3t and 4t. a 4 pack for $11.99
This site ships fast, its where I got (well my aunt got for me lol) Kieran's gerber training pants, one of the few places that had the size we needed also.

Gerber Onesies Variety Pack Sizes 24M, 3T, 4T

April 21st, 2011, 09:38 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I wish I could have found Gerber onesies in 4T for Gus! We had the same problem. I actually put a ballet leotard on him under his clothes a few times!
This place has some up to 6T : Essential Whites | The Short Sleeve Body Suit

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 21st, 2011, 10:07 PM
Mis-Bis
Wow you girls are good! Oh yes I've been there recently also. Doc doesn't love to smear it, thank goodness, but he will reach down there and mess with it and then try to wipe it off on everything then get it on himself. Lovely. And he does enjoy Little Dominic too. I think that's just a boy thing. It's a love affair that begins when they're infants. Good luck with your onesies now that you know where to get some. Here's to this phase ending quickly.
April 22nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklesmama View Post
I wish I could have found Gerber onesies in 4T for Gus! We had the same problem. I actually put a ballet leotard on him under his clothes a few times!
This place has some up to 6T : Essential Whites | The Short Sleeve Body Suit
Those are the ones I've found on Amazon but I'm trying to justify spending that kind of money on them.

April 22nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Yeah $12 doesn't sound super high, but when you need 4, that's almost $50, not including postage... the Gerber ones sound like a deal though!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They would be if they had them in stock for boys in his size. I'm keeping the webpage on hand for when they do.

April 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I called Gerber Clothing a few years ago and they told me that they stopped making the bigger sizes. You can sometimes find them at a discount store like Big Lots, but I imagine there aren't many out there.

I looked and I actually have 1 pack of brand new white Gerber onesies in size 4T. If you are interested just PM me your address and I will send you the pack. But I will say that the Gerber stuff shrinks REALLY bad. I use size 4T gerber onesies on my 2 yr old over the winter. I also ha ve 1 pack of girl colored (stripes, etc) 4t gerber onesies but I imagine Daniel would prefer the white LOL! Maybe you could bleach the girls ones and use those too?

Just let me know, they are yours if you want them.

Carry

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

September 9th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I have a child with Autism and we have had the same issues. We found some great bodysuits in larger sizes from Wonsie Australia. We have been using them for 3 months and they have stopped him from reaching into his nappy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search