What do your kids want to do when they grow up?

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By SandKmommy
  • 2 Post By AutumnLove
  • 2 Post By Adriana's Mommy
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 3 Post By cnote
  • 1 Post By AlexKatieAiden Mommy
  • 4 Post By BensMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2012, 11:03 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
And, in the case of your DD child, do you believe it's possible?

Daniel wants to be a zookeeper. He certainly loves animals, and is good at science in school - so academically there's no reason why not. My only concern is how he would cope socially in a responsible job where he'll have to work in a team with others and also come into contact with members of the public. We spend a lot of time at the zoo, and I hope when he's older to get him signed up for their "zookeeper for the day" experience, so I can get an idea of how he'd cope with the realities of being a zookeeper! I'll certainly do everything I can to help him work at a zoo, even if it's in more of an assistant/supporting role or something. He's a clever little boy with a lot to give and I'd like to think he'll be able to do something fulfilling.

January 31st, 2012, 11:11 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He wants to work at Les Schwab which is a Tire shop chain up in the Pacific Northwest. Lol. He loves vehicles of any kind, he loves tires (he can tell peoples cars by their tires). I think he'd probably end up being a mechanic over just straight tires. He can build crazy things, take things apart and put them back together easily. And like I said he loves all cars, trucks and heavy machinery. I think he could do it, not many of the mechanic's I've met have been very sociable anyway lol.

January 31st, 2012, 02:43 PM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Autumn wants to be a doctor some days, and an animal trainer others.. She could do either. She is smart, social enough to work with the limited amount of people she would see as a trainer. Although, I may urge her towards being a veterinarian rather than just a trainer.

..... ..
January 31st, 2012, 10:47 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
A.J is still to little to tell me what he wants to do.. But he sure has a killer throw and a kick. Maybe he will be a future Quarter Back..

February 1st, 2012, 03:28 AM
Fantastic aspirations!

I asked the question because one of my immediate concerns on discovering Daniel had autism was whether he would be able to perform a function in society as an adult. Not that I mind keeping him with me and looking after him/providing for him as long as he needs, but of course I want my child to have a fulfilling life and also something to keep him going after I, and his dad and my partner, are gone. I'm getting less and less concerned about it as I see him thriving at school.

February 1st, 2012, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nathan said he wanted to be a rock star the other day. I have no clue what direction he will go in but I think he will be able to do whatever he wants. I also worry less and less about his future the older he gets.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

February 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I too worry less and less about the future as my kiddo's get older. Alex wants to be a fire fighter, I think it would be great with all the gear they have to wear providing deep pressure, but on the other hand I would worry about his saftey.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
February 2nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I just asked him. He said he wants to be the guy who fills up the plane with gas at the airport.
February 3rd, 2012, 06:52 AM
I think it's safe to say our kids have very bright futures!

I'd feel the same about Daniel being a firefighter...proud, but also worried and anxious for his safety.

February 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These are all wonderful

Jonesy is still too little to tell me what he wants to be but he loves trains and cars. He also loves music and loves to dance- he's a little ham. It's so early to know what his strengths and weaknesses will be as he grows. I find it really heartening hearing that you worry less about their future as they get older. This has been something I've been struggling with lately.
February 3rd, 2012, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nate's BSC was here today. She heard a girl at school ask Nate what he wanted to be and he said a singer...so I think he is stuck on the rock star thing for sure.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search