Monday Miracles

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
It seems like a few of us have been running into problems or setbacks recently with our DD children.

So let's have a thread listing all the positive things our children have achieved or been up to recently (not just DD children but siblings too)!

Post anything wonderful your children have done or said recently and let's have some big smiles!

February 6th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Since my son has started preschool, he has been so much happier. He has learned a couple of new words.. Just this morning he said waffles (not clearly but I knew what he meant) and signed please..

My daughter has a best friend at school and yesterday she told me she wanted to give her best friend her Hello Kitty back pack because Hello Kitty was her best friends favorite cartoon. I love that she wants to share..

February 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Alex has done wonderful in school this year, only one incident where he had a huge meltdown about going to school (after Thanksgiving break), his IEP meeting was great, and he is learning jokes, idioms and puns in therapy so he has been so funny.
Katie hasn't gotten any notes home from school this week She was having a bit of a rough patch but I think its better now.
Aiden is well a terrible 3 year old trying to assert his independence but his speech has taken off, he started doing simple puzzles, and he is doing more imaginative play.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
February 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For Eamon's birthday we gave Jonesy a sock monkey that played music (it plays Tiao Cruz' "Dynamite") We got it so that he wouldn't feel left out when Eamon received all the toys.

He LOVES that monkey and brings it to me all the time and asks to "dan" (dance). Yesterday at playgroup the kids sat in a circle and sang "Old MacDonald"- Jonesy got out of the circle and decided he'd rather just dance in the middle

Eamon has been picking up on sign language, and can sign "more" and "for me". He can say "ball" and "go" and wave bye bye.
February 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Your children all sound so amazing. Yay for their achievements!

Daniel is having a bit of a tough time right now but we have found a bribe that seems to work - the promise of treat days out in the half-term holiday, and the threat of taking that away if he won't do his work at school or settle in bed for us at night. Sounds awful to celebrate a bribe, but still!

He's also been very sweet with me about the baby since he found out, been giving me lots of kisses and cuddles and stroking my belly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search