What was the biggest step forward?

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What was the biggest step forward for your DD child on their journey?

Was it down to a therapy, a simple change of routine, a behavioural breakthrough, or even one person in their life who made a huge difference?

February 6th, 2012, 11:26 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
It was when we started receiving services, and got paired with the best teacher for her. Her life has seen some really good changes this school year.

..... ..
February 6th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
My mom is my greatest support person. She is the one opening doors for A.J. All I can say is A.J is getting the best help available in my area.. All of the things we are doing is because of her guidance. We are also starting therapy on A.J even though we are waiting for IBI services.

Also, A.J was approved for Medicaid on Friday, we applied for the Katie Beckett wavier (waiver for middle to high income families). Now we can move forward and my mom will be by our side when we advocate for him in front of the State.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; February 6th, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
February 6th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
Learning to read. His language just blossomed and exploded once he could see that words aren't ambiguous.

February 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I would have to say sensory integration therapy. His OT was awesome and once we got his sensory needs met he was open to learning speech and the other areas were he was delayed. It made a huge difference.
That and visual schedules.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
February 7th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lately I have noticed that Jonesy's tantrums have been much less. I really think that is because he is learning to communicate his needs better. The other day pulled on my hand so that he can hand me his sippy cup (instead of throwing it when he's done). We'd been working on this for weeks and he finally did it. I know it's small, but I was so proud of him!
February 7th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
With Daniel, the biggest improvement happened when we got 1:1 support full-time for him at school. Not only the fact of the 1:1 support, but the lady that does it is super amazing and has the best relationship with him - she has really helped him progress at school, but also with his social skills and anxieties.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search