What are 5 funny/cute things your child does/says?

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 12:04 AM
(I'm new and posting a bunch of topics. Hope that's okay.)

Some days I get so overwhelmed with my son's behavior that I focus only on the bad and not on the good. So I wanted to share with you some funny/cute stuff he has done/said & want to hear the funny/cute stuff your child(ren) does too.

1. He thinks our Chihuahua is a cat.

2. He just learned to say "Papoo," his version of "Papaw" which is what we were teaching him to call his grandpa. Everytime he sees a current picture of his grandpa he correctly says "Papoo" but if he sees old pictures of his grandpa (when his grandpa was a teenager/early 20's), he says "seep" which is his word for sheep. We have no idea why he does this.

3. He calls all dogs "guh gulls" (good girls) even though he knows dog.

4. We have come to the conclusion that Dom believes our tallest dog is a table. Everytime the dog stands up, Dom tries to stack stuff on his back. His sippy, toys, whatever.

5. When he first learned to say "Elmo" a couple of weeks ago at the start of his huge language boom, he took a whole day where he called me Elmo.
February 8th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Of course it's okay! New members always bring new ideas, which is great!

I don't know if I have 5, or certainly 5 I can think of off the top of my head right now.

It does make me laugh at the moment when Daniel says "It's school, school, school, school, school" in a weary voice - he's utterly fed up because he's no longer in the early years and school have stepped up the amount of work done in one day and reduced "choosing time" accordingly. That's the only one that really comes to mind.

February 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
Post post post.. it gets us all talking

Lately, Tristan (age 3.5):

- says "say yes" instead of just plain "yes"
- has begun the quasi-typical not wanting to go to bed crap: "More p-o-t-t-y (yes, he likes to spell it ), more drink, more go sit on the couch"
- has begun to be possessive over his toys and will carry around sand shovels at the park so other kids don't get to them, even when he's trying to climb something that requires both hands

I will try to get to 5 if I can think of more.

February 11th, 2012, 07:07 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I love Alex's very literal thinking. I told him he was driving me crazy one day and he looked at me very seriously and said, "but I can't drive."
Today he looked at the clock and told me, "It's past noon and we haven't had lunch." So I asked him who said we had to have lunch at noon. He says, "The President."
One day I asked him what he would do if mommy had another baby in her belly, he looked at me all weird and said, "But we don't eat babies."

He is one funny boy.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
February 12th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I love the eating babies comment! Bless him!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search