We had some strange reactions to sensory overloads yesterday.

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AlexKatieAiden Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday, was St Patricks Day here in Ireland and as tradition we all went to see a parade. We found a nice spot right next to the spectator stand (thats where the 'important' people get to sit and watch), this spot was unusually not very crowded, that why we chose it, but unfortunatly we were right under the loud speakers. So the choice was stay in a very crowded, quieter area or a less crowded very loud area. We thought less crowds would be better. The boys did very well during the parade, they had their hoods up, which is normal for them, i think its a way they deal with blocking out stuff so they can concentrate more. After the parade was finished though and we were on our way back to the car, Jake's legs just gave out from under him 4 times. No reason, he didn't fall over anything, he just ended up in a heap on the floor 4 different times. Then pretty much around the same time Reese's nose started bleeding for no apparent reason. This happened on two different occasions. We went back to a friends house for dinner and this didn't happen to either of them anymore. My DH and I think it was just a strange reaction to sensory overload, the parade, the crowds the noise. I was just wondering have any of you experienced anything similar with you little ones?

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
March 18th, 2012, 09:43 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
It probably was just a reaction to sensory overload, kind of like how people can make themselves physically sick when dealing with emotional issues. I can't say that I have ever dealt with this but it is possible that in the moment I didn't put some strange reaction with sensory issues.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search