Ten years ago

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 07:51 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
What were you doing ten years ago? Did you ever imagine that your life would turn out the way it did or did everything go according to plan (well besides having a child with a developmental delay)? If you could go back and do things over what would you change?

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
March 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
10yrs ago I was celebrating my 15th birthday and was a sophmore in high school. I didn't think I'd have had kid just 4 short years later, nor a child like Seamus. I also didn't think I would be engaged at 18 and married at 19 either, I thought I'd never find anyone to like/love me because of how I was treated by guys in school. I don't think I'd change anything from 10yrs ago. Everything happens for a reason, life is short and even though it may be stressful and not exactly how I'd hoped I'm glad my life is my life.

March 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
LuvBeingAMomOfTwo's Avatar Regular
10 yrs ago i was in university and dating my now husband. We have each other, our two beautiful kids, a home, jobs, we travel. I have lots to be thankful for. I never expected to have to deal with all the things I do now when it comes to Kian but he still manages to be such a joy to our lives that I really can't ask for more. It is stressful. but at the end of the day when he hugs me and tells me he loves me, I figure everything I go through is a million percent worth it
March 19th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
10 yrs ago, i was newly engaged and planning my wedding. I had this ideal life planned in my head, beautiful house, white picket fence, 4 wonderful kids, body like a model lol. Now here i am i have 3 wonderful kids, two with Aspergers, dyspraxia and ODD. And the baby having hip problems. I've lost 3 babies, and almost lost my mum last year. But you know what, i don't think i would change any of it. My kids are my kids, they are who they are because of the Aspergers and hip problems etc. I don't know them any differently and wouldn't change them for the world. Losing the babies and nearly losing my mum has given me a new found love of life. I have come to realise how precious life is and to try and life my life to the max with no regrets. I don't have the beautiful house with the white picket fence but i do have a home.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
March 20th, 2012, 07:01 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I was 18, had my first full time job and was in a long term relationship (which ended badly a year later). I never imagined I would be 28, single, with one biological child and adopting 2 more. If I could do things over I would have waited until I was much more mature to have children (I wouldn't trade my children for the world but do wish I would have waited until I was more able to care for a child). I know my experiences made me who I am today and made my children who they are but when I had my oldest, I honestly wasn't prepared to handle being a single mom (his dad and I broke up when he was a month old) with a baby but we made it through.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
March 21st, 2012, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Planning my wedding I think. Not as expected. I never imagined I'd have 4 kids. i don't think I'd change anything.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 2nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
10 years ago I was in a relationship with Daniel's father still. I had recently moved in with him at that time and was working at a private school in Preston.

I wouldn't change anything. In that 10 years I have split with Daniel's father which was the absolute right thing to do, but I wouldn't swap Daniel for the world, I love everything about him, and I do remain friends with my ex. I've had a time-out of teaching which I feel was needed and don't regret. I've met my soulmate and am now pregnant with his child. I left my office job to try and get back into teaching once I felt ready, and I don't regret that either because if you don't try you'll always wonder.

April 3rd, 2012, 01:20 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
10 years ago, I was in the Navy, attached with the Marines traveling all around Asia. Had a blast! I wouldn't change anything at all.. I lived the 20's having fun and being independent, now I'm in my 30's, married and have 2 children and I couldn't be happier. I didn't have my life planned out, but it just seems everything rolled into place perfectly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search