Kian started his last block of S and L today!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By LuvBeingAMomOfTwo
  • 1 Post By AlexKatieAiden Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
LuvBeingAMomOfTwo's Avatar Regular
Kian started his last block of Speech and language today! He will get it for one hour on Mondays for the next six weeks. After that any support he gets will only be through the school system as he'll be 5. I had been prepping him for his usual therapist but she wasn't there today and it was someone else. Normally he will clam up and refuse to speak--which usually means that's all for that session-- but he tolerated her testing for the most part and was really good. We have some goals that we'll be owrking on in the coming weeks.

then the greatest part for me was when i brought him to kindergarten i expected a full on break down but we went to his class he took off his coat and shoes and put on his indoor shoes w/o me prompting him and then pushed me out of the class and told me to go to work as he procceeded to slam the door in my face soooooooooooooo much better than the tears i was expecting. So now here I am hoping the rest of his day goes well! some days are so much better than others.
March 20th, 2012, 06:48 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
That is so great that he did so well with the change in therapist and not having a huge fit when getting back to school. Isn't it bittersweet when they start becoming independent, on one hand you love that they are becoming independent but on the other hand you want them to stay little forever.
Adriana's Mommy likes this.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
March 21st, 2012, 04:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good day! Lots of hugs to you!

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search