Thursday Thumps and Bumps

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By AutumnLove
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Fae*Aibell
  • 1 Post By Adriana's Mommy
  • 1 Post By adi&co.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 07:23 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
What was the worse injury you got as a child? As an adult?
What is the worse injury you child(ren) have gotten and how?

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
April 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
What was the worse injury you got as a child? Someone threw a piece of glass off of a play structure and it went into my head. Ouch.

As an adult? I fell from a train car (not moving) and landed on a railroad tie foot first. Ouch. Broke my heel.

What is the worse injury you child(ren) have gotten and how? Autumn was running at the Little Gym, and tripped, breaking her ankle. Worst one yet. I am praying we don't have to do that again.

..... ..

Last edited by AutumnLove; April 19th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
April 19th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
As a child - cut my head open and had to have butterfly stitches. As an adult - a nastily sprained ankle which made me limp for about 3 weeks, I had to wear a support bandage thing. Touch wood I don't get anything any worse!

When Daniel was a toddler, we had a cheap buggy from Argos. We used to live in a Victorian house with steep steps down from the front door to the road. The path next to the front door is pretty uneven. One day I was taking him out for a walk, and put the brakes on the buggy to stop it rolling while I locked the door. When I turned round the buggy was at the bottom of the steps tipped up. My heart was completely in my mouth. Luckily it was a rainy day and the raincover saved him from the worst but he had a bruised head and was in shock, couldn't stop crying, so I called an ambulance and got him checked out at hospital. The brakes were still in the on position on the buggy but it was clear they were completely useless. It got binned, and from then on I'd put Daniel's buggy in front of me while locking the door because I was so terrified of it happening again, even though it was really awkward to do so. Moral of the story? Don't buy cheap buggies!

April 19th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As a child my worst injury was tripping and falling, banging my forehead of the corner of a step. Was taken to hospital with blood running all down the front of me and all i could think of was the sweets i dropped. i ended up with stitches in my forehead and still have a little scar from it.

As an adult, when Reese was 6 weeks old i fell down the stairs with him in my arms, luckily going down on my back not frontwards. He got only a fright but stopped crying after a few minutes and i broke my tail bone. Couldn't sit properly for a few weeks without a donut cushion. Its the only bone ive ever broken in my life.

Worst injury my kids have gotten, Reese fell down my brothers stairs after tripping over my nieces dolls pram (she thought the middle of the stairs was a good place to park it, kids huh), He landed at the end face first, we took him to the hospital who said he was fine unless he vomited. they no sooner had it out of their mouths and he vomited. They kept him over night and they said he had a concusion. He was left home the following day with a bruised nose and two black eyes.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
April 19th, 2012, 03:29 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
As a child I ran head first into a brick wall and ended up with a horrible looking goose egg. Worse as an adult was kicking a table while trying to scare a cat, it wasn't broken but sprained and bruised really bad (that was last week, and today while moving my dryer I pulled the dryer into my still very sore toe, thinking its gonna bruise right back up).
Alex had a broken arm last summer. We were at a outdoor family fun place, and him and his 13 year old cousin were jumping on this huge jumping pillow and his cousin came down on his fore arm. He was fine after and using it and everything, it wasn't until 3 days later when he started babying it during baseball that I made a doctors appointment and we found out it was broken. He has a very high tolerance for pain. He also has had 2nd degree burns on the palm of his hand from grabbing a plastic truck that somone had just pulled out of a fire (a neighborhood kid had thrown the truck into the fire). And a stitch in his lip when he was 3 when he fell while running.
Katie has been pretty much incident free surprisingly, she has has scrapes and cuts but nothing major.
Aiden has been very lucky. He is my little dare devil and he has never had a major injury either. Thankfully!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
April 20th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids

My horse fell on me a couple of times in my teenage years. Sprained my ankle when he fell and my foot was trapped between my horse and a barrel.

As an adult, my worse was I had Heat Stroke, I almost diet in my early 20's.. Never again will I push myself to that point

While A.J was trying to climb a tree, he fell down and his head hit a tree stump.

My daughter is incident free so far..

April 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM
adi&co.
As a child it would either be... when I jumped off my bunk bed and landed on a toy rocket that went through my foot or was riding my bike and the super soaker I was carrying in a bag on my handle bars went through my spokes and threw me off the bike, tearing the ligaments in my shoulder.

as an adult... I was playing volleyball with a church group and someone stepped under the net and I landed on it after jumping for a block. my foot turned completely sideways and stretched my ligaments as far as they woudl go without breaking. my poor foot was black and blue and I couldn't walk for weeks!

My kids haven't had terrible injuries yet (thank goodness!) few black eyes and scrapes, but nothing super awful. I'm expecting it to happen eventually though, lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search