10 year old non-verbal Autistic child bullied by his teacher and Aid

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By AutumnLove
  • 1 Post By Butterbear
  • 1 Post By AutumnLove
  • 1 Post By Fae*Aibell
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm not to sure if you have seen this video but it has seem to have gone viral.. I'm upset about this... Can you even imagine? What upsets me the most is how these teachers/aids still have their jobs and are teaching children!! Union or not.. We need some action to protect our kids from people like this.. Sad part is that they were trying to cover this up.

Bravo to this single Dad who is advocating for his son.. I fully agree to what he is asking for..

**Warning** If your sensitive to matters like this, it may be best to read the article below. This video is upsetting..

Teacher/Bully: How My Son Was Humiliated and Tormented by his Teacher and Aide - YouTube

Stuart Chaifetz Secretly Tapes His Autistic Son at School, Discovers He's Being Bullied by Teachers | Parenting - Yahoo! Shine

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 25th, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
April 25th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw this video on FB. This makes me so sad and angry. That poor boy

Thanks brie_91
April 25th, 2012, 09:55 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Wow!!! I really don't know what else to say. What the _____ is wrong with some people? Who in their right mind could treat a child like that especially one that has special needs. And why are they still teaching. Now where are the riots protesting that these "teachers" still have their jobs??? I hope this will be an eye opener for the schools to be checking in with their teachers on a regular basis. That's all I will say for now before I go off the deep end.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
April 25th, 2012, 10:38 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
I saw this too. Its ugly, and awful, and unfortunately it totally exists in our world. This dad gets a standing ovation from me. That took guts. I hope the school listens and fires that unfeeling, cruel teacher, and every other person that was involved.

..... ..
April 26th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw this too- it made my cry and it made me furious! My boy is autistic and non-verbal and about to start school in the fall so this terrifies me. I feel like not only should these teachers have lost their jobs, but a serious investigation of abuse should have taken place. There has to be something protecting these children that cannot speak for themselves. My husband is also a teacher, and often works with children with disabilities and behavioral issues. Those "teachers" on the recording are an insult and an embarrassment to the profession.
April 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Good point Kelly! Why didn't anyone start an investigation by Child Protective Services, or the likes? Crazy. I hope more is done to protect this child, and others. It makes my stomach hurt.

..... ..
April 26th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sick after watching this video, that man gets a full round of applause from me for having the courage to stand up and speak out for his son. It makes me scared for my boys.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
April 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
As both a teacher and an autism mom, this utterly sickens me.

April 29th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
So I read the comments and what really bothered me was how many random people think that the father was wrong for wiring his son and that he should be sued by the school.

April 30th, 2012, 06:59 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
So I read the comments and what really bothered me was how many random people think that the father was wrong for wiring his son and that he should be sued by the school.
Really??? I just can't believe that people would be saying things like that. Goes to show how people who don't have a child must less a child with special needs are ignorant when it comes to what lengths we as parents have to go to make sure our children get what they deserve and are treated fairly. I will comment further when I get back from my appointment.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search