Services

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By AlexKatieAiden Mommy
  • 2 Post By AutumnLove
  • 2 Post By adi&co.
  • 2 Post By hadavis
  • 1 Post By Adriana's Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you pleased with the services your child gets? in/out of school? whatever applies.

Thanks brie_91
April 25th, 2012, 10:06 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Yeah I am one of the few parents who are happy with the school system. But Alex only needs minimal supports in the classroom. The school has been great about meeting his sensory needs (which is his biggest challenge at school). He has sensory breaks in the sensory room, and headphones and a weighted lap pad in his classroom for him to use. Besides that the principal used to be a special education teacher so she "gets" it.
Alex gets 20+ hours of ABA outside of school and I have been very happy with that also. Not extremely happy with the fact that to keep funding he has to get atleast 20 hours (its hard to fit in when he goes to school full time) but glad that the funding is there for him to get the therapy and happy with the therapy and therapists.
Adriana's Mommy likes this.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
April 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
I am like Linda.. One of the parents, few and far between, that is happy about the services we receive. Autumn gets a multitude of services. We have our annual IEP this Friday, and hope to be adding Adaptive PE... We shall see how it goes!

..... ..
April 25th, 2012, 05:41 PM
adi&co.
I'm happy with what Marcus receives. He's got a great speech therapist that he adores and he's making tons of progress with her. He's also in a preschool program and gets the extra help he needs. He's speaking a lot better since starting "school".
April 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im pleased with the mixed preschool he is in, and the OT he receives out of school. Tomorrow we have our annual IEP meeting, I saw the draft and im pleased with it.

Thanks brie_91
April 27th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm happy with the services A.J receives. He is in a private developmental preschool, where he receives weekly private Speech therapy by a Speech therapist who mainly works with children with Autism, he'll also get IBI (22 hours a week) there was well, same as home.. They are also going to use the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) with A.J as well.. Already implementing PECS.. My son has been doing great since he started school there.. It's amazing..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search