Our IEP was yesterday...

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 08:23 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
It didn't go how I had imagined it would. I guess things were just left in the air, which makes me so uncomfortable. We will go into summer with NO idea who will be working with Autumn as an aide next year. With her anxiety.... the first day is going to be brutal. It took her 2 months to finally be able to work in first grade because of this. I sure hope they work something out and let us know before we go back, that was the plan laid out by the principal, I just don't see it really happening. I guess we will see..

So here is her therapy list:

Screening for A.P.E. next year
They took Speech, she was excelling and met all of her goals
OT 30mins 1x/week
Vision Therapy 1hr 1x/week
Six hour 1:1 Aide (not sure who, or how)
Replacement Math 1hr 4x/week

Mods:
More time/ less work
Verbal answers depending on the pace of instruction
Tracing rather than writing determined by the pace of the class
1:1 testing
Homework discretion by Mom
Slant Board
Weighted Vest

I am really nervous, and not sure how second grade will shape up...

..... ..
April 28th, 2012, 09:35 AM
adi&co.
Most of that went over my head, but hugs!! I know I'll be super stressed when Jamesen starts school because of how stressed he gets in new situations. I hope they work out the aide thing ASAP!
April 28th, 2012, 01:22 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I'm so sorry it didn't go as planned Tricia. (((Hugs))) I would keep fighting until they do what they are supposed to. Take it to the principal or higher if you have to. Write letters (make sure you keep a copy) and call until they give you what Autumn needs to be successful in school next year. Alex is the same way when it comes to knowing what is gonna happen and it is torture for them when they don't know what to expect and when we can't give them any answers.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search