Not sure if I belong here or not

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
  • 1 Post By Vicki...
  • 1 Post By Adriana's Mommy
  • 1 Post By adi&co.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Hello Ladies!

I am Shayna mama to Anneliese 2.5 and Adalyn 17 month. Also due with #3 next month!

Anyways... Adalyn has a small delay in her right side. We saw a neuro last month and were informed her more than likely had a stroke in the womb or shortly after birth. The neuro is sure she has nerve damage which is causing the delay and lack of use of her right side. She can walk and use everything but her hand she does not open much to hold things or feed herself.

She started PT 7 weeks ago and will start OT in 2 weeks to help. We have seen some help with the therapy but not a ton. Wed this week she goes for an MRI to see if we can see where the damage is. Not sure that changes anything though. She was fitting and will get a brace for her ankle to hopefully help her walking too.

She has such a small delay people don't notice but of course we as parents do. DH is 100% positive in all this and all I can think is some how if it happened in the womb I caused it. Everyone tells me no but how do you think any different.

Like I said not sure if this is where I belong being such a small delay but I am looking for anyone else going through things with their kids.

Do not mention on FB
May 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Welcome Shayna!! Yes this is the place to be. Here we have delays small and large in every area. I think we all have been where you are. Thinking that we somehow caused our children to be delayed, but I can tell you that most of the time there was nothing we could have done to prevent it. These things happen.
That's great that you are being proactive and she is in therapy. Sometimes its a slow process but therapy can do wonders for our kiddo's.
Anyways I just wanted to welcome you to the group and invite you to share, ask questions or vent when you need to, and let us know how the MRI goes.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
May 12th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
hi and Welcome!I look forward to getting to know you
I am Vicki mom to Caleb (6) who has moderate autism with speech delays and several other areas of delays, and Ethan (2.5) who has speech delays and pica/sensory isssues.

May 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Hi there.. I'm Melissa.. Mom to Adriana - 4 and Anthony (A.J) who is 2 1/2. My 2 1/2 year old has Autism. Majority of my son issues are due to speech delay.

May 14th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies for the Welcome! The MRI is in 2 days and I am a worried mess!!

Do not mention on FB
May 14th, 2012, 06:40 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana*Addey*OliveMommy View Post
Thank you ladies for the Welcome! The MRI is in 2 days and I am a worried mess!!
I am like that too. A worried mess before any test that the kids have. None of my kids have had an MRI but my youngest had a ct scan and I was a worried mess for a week before the test, the ct scan was to see if the bones in his head were fusing prematurily, which if they were it would have ment surgery on his skull, luckily they weren't!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
May 14th, 2012, 06:55 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Welcome!! I am Tricia, mommy to Autumn (7) who has Asperger's, and Carleigh (2) who is NT.

I have a neighbor whose little boy is 8 now, he was born with the same issues. He is thriving. He goes to school with Autumn, plays with the other kids, and is a very rough and tumble, active little boy. Don't think for one minute this will keep your daughter down. She may struggle, but she can be just as strong and ready for school when the time is ready. You should see this little guy play the Nintendo DS with one hand, it is very impressive.

..... ..
May 14th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Tricia! That is great to hear! Adalyn has almost all ability in her hand just her thumb is weak/not used well. What the girl lacks in her hand she makes up for in her climbing and daringness!! She has no fear (as long as we are right there in the room). She will be on top of everything in seconds!!

Do not mention on FB
May 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
adi&co.
she sounds like she's doing great despite her struggles!

I'm adi, mom to marcus who we think has auditory processing disorder, Jamesen who has asperger's and gemma who is 5 weeks
May 17th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Shayna. We were in the Sept PR together. She seems to be making improvements and PT will be great for her!

Thanks brie_91

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search