Potty Trained!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By hadavis
  • 1 Post By Adriana's Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
At what age did your child with/without disabilities potty train???

As of about 2 weeks ago Jameson is fully potty trained (at 4 years 2 months!) Seriously never thought this day would come, he was potty training for 2 yrs.....

My daughter who is 2.5 potty trained with him so that was awesome

Thanks brie_91
May 17th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
My daughter was fully potty trained at 2 1/2 years.. This is night time too.. She was super easy to train.

We are currently working with A.J.. Since he hates having his diaper changed by laying down, we do the whole potty thing.. He is not ready, but at least he'll be ready for it when he is..

May 18th, 2012, 04:42 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Ugh. Danny may never potty train at the rate he's doing, LOL. He's 4 years and 2 months. He loves the routine of going potty, but doesn't actually GO. Eric was potty trained "late" at 3.5 (started at 3, but it was like pulling teeth for the first 6 months).

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 18th, 2012, 06:40 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Alex was finally potty trained at 4.5 years old, fully trained at night too by the time he was 5. Katie potty trained by 2.5 but still is not night trained. I am currently working with Aiden who is 3 but not sure if its ever going to happen.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
May 18th, 2012, 06:47 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
Congrats! That is huge. I bet it is a big relief!

Autumn is the odd one. I think diapers were a sensory issue for her. On the day of her second birthday she told me NO MORE DIAPERS, and that was that. She still had night time issues until she was almost four.

..... ..
May 18th, 2012, 10:49 AM
LuvBeingAMomOfTwo's Avatar Regular
Kian was potty trained by 2.5...when my younger son arrived, he regressed and he basically had lots of problems until he was almost 4. Night time pottying wasn't until he was 4.5. He'll be 5 in a few weeks and for the most part he is potty trained but he will only tell us if he has to go. At school they have to remind him to go because he won't let them know and he ends up having accidents.

I can't wait for the day he'll go w/o reminders. I do find we still have night time accidents right before he gets sick but he is pull-up free. Such a relief...there is nothing worse than cleaning up a 4 yr olds poopie undies.
May 19th, 2012, 09:34 AM
adi&co.
Marcus pt'd at 2.5. We had been trying for a bit and he was doing ok, but not doing amazing. Then one day it just clicked and he was fully trained.

We've been trying for the last little bit with J. He likes to go and sit on the potty but never actually goes and cries for a diaper when he needs to pee
May 19th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Not sure honestly since my son is 6 and is just now (in the last two weeks) 90% potty trained and that is with still wearing a diaper at night so i am not sure when he will be fully trained

May 21st, 2012, 12:53 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnLove View Post
Autumn is the odd one. I think diapers were a sensory issue for her. On the day of her second birthday she told me NO MORE DIAPERS, and that was that..
That's how my daughter was.. She HATES being wet, even me putting water in her hair gets under her skin.. She only had one accident while potty training and that was it.. Never an accident at night.. It was so easy, it was crazy..

My son, oh.. Different story..

June 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
As of 1 week ago (at 3 years and 9 months almost exactly), Tristan is diaper-free except during sleeptimes. Poop was a long struggle but he is finally going regularly in the toilet! He's been pee trained for about 11 months. He still needs reminders and help, though.

June 12th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My eldest Aspie son day time potty trained at about 4 and he is now almost 8 and wets the bed every night. We think (us and doctors) its a stress issue related to school. We are hoping its something he will grow out of in time. If not there is a medication they can put him on to help.
My younger Aspie son was fully trained, day and night, at 3 yrs old. He has not once wet the bed.
My DD who is 2 and a half is still in diapers. Im not sure whether to potty train her this summer or not as she is facing surgery on her hip next winter which will result in a body cast up to her chest for 3 months so will be unable to use the toilet, so im not sure if i see the point in training her till after the cast comes off.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
July 2nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Scarlett potty trained right before her third birthday.

My teenager wet his bed until he was in his teens thirteen fourteen years old. Talk about an issue.

I am thinking about starting Beau my Autistic baby around two. More of a schedule than true potty training but I am afraid of having three in diapers! Plus he hates changing the diaper.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search