Tis the season

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By adi&co.
  • 1 Post By AutumnLove
  • 1 Post By AlexKatieAiden Mommy
  • 1 Post By Adriana's Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Does your LO suffer from allergies? Do they cope well with the change?

My A.J does.. Have been dealing with allergies since he was 2 months old.. Diagnosed with Asthma at 8 1/2 months and Hay fever at 18 months. He also has food/environmental allergies and severe eczema (triggered by food). This time of year is hard on my little guy.. The pollen do a number on him, it even triggers eye allergies. I was proud of my little guy though.. Tonight was the first time I used his nebulizer all year.. He sat there and didn't fight the face mask.

His little mask looks like this

I do think it would be easier for me to know how he feels if only he could communicate with me. I think this is the hardest part for me.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; May 17th, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
May 18th, 2012, 05:42 AM
adi&co.
we're highly allergic to pollen over here. I use kid zyrtec in a low dose on my boys and was using zyrtec myself until I started nursing. We keep getting pink eye because of these stupid allergies! they manifest in my eyes and I have chronic pink eye because of it
Adriana's Mommy likes this.
May 18th, 2012, 06:45 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
That was like reading about Autumn at that age! She was diagnosed with Asthma at 8 months too. We did a couple of things to help her out. As soon as we went into her rough season we would put the humidifier in her room, any sign of a cough or sniffle and it was turned on. She got Zyrtec for a short while but that mixed with Autism made for a very, very crabby child. We rinsed her nose out 2x daily with Saline too. Just spray in and let it flow back out, it rinses the allergens out. All stuffies came out of her bed, and it gets dusted meticulously. She has dust mite covers on her pillows and mattress, and ALL her bed stuff goes in once a week on HOT. If its outside allergies, they say to keep the bedroom windows closed, we don't follow that rule.

I can totally sympathize, those were miserable allergy/asthma months and years for Autumn. BUT-- She has just about grown out of it. Thank goodness.

..... ..
May 18th, 2012, 06:46 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Thats great that he did so well with the face mask, I remember fighting with Alex when he was little when he would get horrible colds we would have to do treatments.

I have horrid allergies, not the normal watery eyes, runny nose type. I get horrible sinus infections, with the sinus headaches, etc if I don't take my meds. I am on flonase and zyrtec. My kiddo's don't seem to have allergies but then again mine didn't start until I was around 14.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
May 24th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
It's good to know we can relate to each other when it comes to allergies. Allergies are no fun..

Tricia - I'm so glad to hear that Autumn has grown out of her allergies. Thanks for the heads up about the saline trick. I haven't tried that one. My son was sick ALL the time when he was a baby.. Learned after bypassing the doctor it was my cat that was making him sick.. A.J's trigger for asthma is cat dander.. There is a slim chance he will grow out of it..

Adi - I hope you get some relief soon.. Eye allergies are no fun.. I planted mums last year.. Poor A.J was waking up with his eyes sealed shut due to eye allergies.. I'd have to tell people he doesn't have pink eye, just eye allergies..

Linda - Those meds are a pain.. I can understand why you don't take them.. My son has Flonase as well, with Clariton and Singular. There are days A.J is just irritable and has low tolerance to people. I do believe he suffers from headaches too..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search