i need some advice!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Adriana's Mommy
  • 1 Post By adi&co.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
adi&co.
I need some serious advice. Jamesen (the one with asperger's) use to get so mad at Marcus that he would grab him around the neck and choke him. I tried everything I could think of to get him to stop and nothing seemed to work until one day, he just stopped doing it. Since I had my baby 6 weeks ago, it's started again. Jamesen is the same size as Marcus despite being 2 years younger and I'm afraid that if they get into a fight at night (they share a room) that something bad could happen. I've had nightmares of waking up to find Marcus not breathing. Can you give me some ideas on how to make him stop?
May 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Sorry I don't have any advice just wanted to send you some (((hugs)))!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
May 19th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm no expert but this works for my son who has aggressive tendencies towards his sister.

Maybe teach him "Gentle Hands" and tell him that is not okay. Have him do the sign for gentle hands and make sure you explain that is not okay and it hurts Marcus.. Maybe look into some type of sensory brake for him.. My son likes rough play.. He likes to be hung upside down, wrestling or something he has to work to do.. Like pushing a shopping cart with something heavy inside it.. This helps him with exerting some energy.

A.J is due to start IBI therapy in a week. We are going to be working with him being aggressive towards his sister.. The random hair pulling, crab pinches,.. I'll PM you techniques we are working on if you want.. Maybe it can help you as well..
adi&co. likes this.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; May 19th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
May 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM
adi&co.
yes please let me know what they say. I don't know when we're going to start therapy, but the military usually gets stuff going pretty fast so I hope it's soon
Adriana's Mommy likes this.
May 21st, 2012, 12:33 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'll let you know.. I do hope you don't have to wait to long.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; May 21st, 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search