DAN doctors

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By AutumnLove
  • 1 Post By AlexKatieAiden Mommy
  • 1 Post By MommaLexi
  • 1 Post By Jintana
  • 3 Post By Adriana's Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Have you taken your LO to see a Defeat Autism Now doctor? Do or Did you try to do a Biomedical approach to help your LO?

Next week my son will be meeting with a DAN doctor. I'm excited to see what she has to say and what the tests reveal.

May 31st, 2012, 07:33 AM
AutumnLove's Avatar Autumn & Carleigh's mommy
I haven't but I would love to hear what advice you get. Good luck!
Adriana's Mommy likes this.

..... ..
June 1st, 2012, 12:32 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I haven't either. But I do know alot of parents who have and continue to do the GFCF diet along with suppliments and have seen results. Let us know how the appointment goes and what they say.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
June 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
We haven't, but I would love to hear what he has to say if you can please share!

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
June 1st, 2012, 11:05 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
I haven't, nor will I ever use DAN!. But please let us know if you find the visit helpful.

June 3rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks ladies..

I'll let you know how it goes.

My son has 3 of 4 A Disorder.. Asthma, Allergies, Autism, and ADHD. Our Speech Therapist referred us to the DAN doctor, who is a PhD. I'm excited that he will finally get all the tests needed, which I was denied before by our Ped who handles his Allergies. Maybe there is something going on in his body that if we can help fix, he will start talking. If he shows no signs of improvement, at least I have the piece of mind that we tried this route.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; June 3rd, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
June 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Went to the DAN doctor yesterday.. I'm so over whelmed with EVERYTHING. Majority of it is sticker shock!

Our DAN doctor is following Dr. Brok Biomedical approach. This book explains it all. Much better then I could.

Amazon.com: Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders (9780345494511): Kenneth Bock, Cameron Stauth: Books

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; June 11th, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
June 8th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Wanted to update that this is day #2 after the Metyhlcobalamin shot. My son is saying the numbers from 1-10 and is able to tell us what numbers are what.. Example: We drove by the number 806. He said out loud, the number 8 and 6! (He doesn't know 0).. I'm amazed..

A.J is however using counting to self sooth.. We see the red flags and keeping an eye on it.

June 17th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Well, it's been a week since we started a GFCF diet plus all the supplements. I'm amazed! A.J is talking more, he can count from 1-13 now! Even point out each number, randomly.. Any number I ask for. He says colors now, he also calls me momma and calls his sister by her name! So much more he is doing as well.. All in a week!

I just wanted to share information on the Food sensitivity we did. It's not an "Allergy" test, but a food sensitivity test. We already know my son is allergic to Soy, Peanuts, milk and Egg Whites. I'm a bit worried what the test will reveal. His diet will just get limited. Lucky for me, he is still young and doesn't know any better.

Anywho, here's a video talking about the test we took.

Alcat featured on NBC Newschanel 5, WPTV - YouTube

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; June 18th, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
June 18th, 2012, 08:10 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
That is so great that you are seeing such a great improvement!!! Keep us updated on how things go and how the tests come out. How hard was it to start the diet? Did you spend hours and hours researching what foods he could/couldn't have?

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
June 20th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Oh my.. So much to update.. Just the other day, my son waved by to me, while looking at me.. Then he asked for a kiss and stood there waiting for me.. Melted my heart.. Today, I was playing with him but I felt like he was finally happy and it's odd to say this, but I felt like he was himself. Not angry all the time.. He is repeating words like crazy.. He still has is random anger issues but not as bad as he use too

It has finally warmed up her and I noticed that he has no allergic rhinitis. He is not coughing, nor is he having eye allergies.. Usually when it warms up after it's been cool.. His allergies are in full swing.. Not that case now..

The diet seemed hard at first but luckily a family member was familiar with this diet and was giving me great info. I also went to a Gluten free cooking class and got great advice from people there.. When I finally figured out what I was doing, it wasn't that hard. A.J is a pasta man.. But they have other options, like corn/rice pasta, brown rice pasta, corn pasta.. He still thinks it's the same stuff.

A.J is on a GFCF diet.. But we are also doing no milk, no peanuts, no soy, no egg, and low sugar diet. Even though his diet sounds bad, it's do-able... I haven't been researching that much online. The recipes I have tried were kinda awful.. lol I stick with the basics.. Fresh veggies, Protein, and noodles or rice.. Fruits for snacks.. We have a supermarket in town that has a big section of Gluten free foods. I usually spend lots of time there reading the labels. One thing I learned about this diet is you can freeze food and warm them up later.. Tastes just the same..

June 27th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Just wanted to update that A.J's allergies are on full force.. He is still on allergy meds but it's not as bad as it use to be. Still the watery eyes, forceful cough, allergic rhinitis. He's on Clariton, Singular, and Albertol neb treatments on stand by. I do wonder how this type of allergy can be controlled when it's environmental allergies. Something I will bring up to the DAN when I see her again.

A.J's words are expanding and he is even saying a few sentences. His Speech Therapist and IBI therpists are amazed.

I do know there is still something in his diet that is affecting him. His cheeks are constantly red. I was told by the end of July we should get our allergy results back.. Hopefully it's sooner then that..

June 30th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Thanks for updating here... you are giving me hope!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search