Hello!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2012, 06:46 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Hello everyone! I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Brianne, SAHM to Connor, who just turned 2 in May. Connor was diagnosed with a speech delay and some mild low-muscle tone last year. We started this journey around 15m, when he still wasn't walking or talking. He's qualified for our state run early intervention program, and we still do speech therapy once a week.

We stopped physical therapy a couple weeks ago after he received new orthotics for his shoes. They should help his muscles continue to develop around his ankles. And we work on his core strength with normal daily activities and playing at the park.

He's come such a long way from a year ago! It's definitely been a frustrating, and sometimes depressing, journey. A good friend of mine had a baby 2 weeks after Connor was born, and of course her little boy was meeting and exceeding at milestones, while we were always wondering and waiting for Connor to catch up. It made it that much harder!!

I know Connor still has a ways to go, but I keep telling myself that in a year (or so), we probably won't even know he was delayed. I'm grateful for this. It's so fun and exciting to hear him talk these days, as he continues to grow his vocabulary. He's started to use 2-word phrases on a regular basis in his daily babble, and every once in awhile I catch a 3-word phrase! It's crazy to think that 6 months ago, he was barely using one word to communicate with us!

August 22nd, 2012, 05:55 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Welcome Brianne and Connor!

Sorry it's quiet around here at present. I just took the board back over a week or so ago but I'm pregnant and overdue and going into hospital tomorrow for induction, my head is just not in the right place to do much in the way of hosting jobs at the moment. I really need to get some PMs out to the members and stuff but it won't happen until I've had the baby now. Just keep an eye on the board - it will pick up again after the summer hols!

I'm Sharron, currently a SAHM to Daniel (and soon baby #2) who has high-functioning autism.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search