How did your DD child respond to younger sibs?

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Daniel is so loving with Michaela. On our return home from hospital all he could do was squeal and say "she's lovely" over and over. He is always kissing her and stroking her skin and loves it when she touches him or grabs his hand.

How have your DD children responded to younger siblings?

September 6th, 2012, 01:51 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Ryan would cry every time Liam was next to him at first.

Sept. 2010 -

Sept. 2012 -

Leslie

September 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I honestly think A.J would hurt his younger sibling if he had one.

A.J is aggressive.. One of his sensory seeking needs is rough play. I can't even imagine him having a younger sibling at this age.. It might be a different story if he was 4 or 5.. But at age two.. It would be tough..

September 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Angelica craves deep pressure so she will body slam her older brothers or try to wrestle them. So I am afraid that she would be too rough with a younger sibling. Which is something that we will have to really address when it comes to expanding our family.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

September 8th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Sounds like I'm pretty lucky then! Though Daniel is sometimes too rough for Michaela and we have to supervise him carefully, he isn't mean to her or doing anything deliberately (yet, touch wood!).

September 14th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Amelia was born Jake took to her straight away and became the protective older brother. Reese wouldn't come near her for about 2 weeks and when he did it was a quick hug and he was done. Its gotten better over time but i think he just now sees her as his annoying baby sister, on the other hand then, if one of my brothers jokes with him that they will take her to live with them, he runs at them, slapping them shouting no no no. He loves her to bits, but on his own terms. Jake will get down on the floor and play dolls with her.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
September 19th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Caleb liked his little brother sort of until he became mobile, then when Ethan started crawling/walking it was horrible he was very violent with him, literally bit the blood out of him more than once, hit him, head butted him, kicked him, threw toys at him, pushed him, now most of the time they get along pretty well, but Caleb is still intensely violent towards ethan but luckily Ethan is getting kinda strong enough that he can't be so bullied by Caleb

September 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
My oldest ignored her younger brother (she was 4 when he was born) for about 2 years. She is mainly ignoring the baby now, but she is protective of the baby also. Once my oldest wanted food at the same time as the baby, so I took care of my oldest first and gave her food and she was griping at me the whole time until I finally got the baby and began to nurse. Then she kinda "hummphed" at me and turned and ate her food in silence. My son on the other hand ADORES his baby sister. He still struggles with the loss of his spot as "baby" in the family (he was the youngest for 10 years) but that is more about how much time we can give him, he doesn't hold it against the baby.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

September 21st, 2012, 09:37 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Beau was 13 months when Tessa was born, he ignored her. Now he interacts with her but at 10 months if he give her any hassle she can hold her own. He is not delibertly mean but she does want to touch his toys. I have no problems with Beau and Tessa. He is apretty nice even tempered fellow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search