So low on energy O/T - ideas?

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShesaDreamer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Obviously with a newborn and a lively 6yo I need plenty of energy, and for the last day or two I've had none.

It's not sleep deprivation because Shaun and I are sharing night duties fairly and Michaela goes right back to sleep after night feeds now anyway. I don't know whether it's just still feeling like I've been hit by a truck after the surgery and blood loss, or whether it's my anaemia, or a bit of both.

I'm not allowed to do any sort of exercise even walking, apart from very short walks.

Any ideas what I can do or eat to up my energy levels?

September 6th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I bet with all the changes going on, your body is till trying to recover and adapt to your new routine. I do hope your able to feel rested soon.

I'm guessing your nursing.. Are you still taking your prenatal vitamins? They may give you some energy.. I would also ask if you can take B12 while your nursing.. I take B12 for a natural way to increase energy.

Safety Of Taking B12 While Nursing | LIVESTRONG.COM

Here's a list of foods high in b12

http://www.livestrong.com/article/25...h-vitamin-b12/

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; September 6th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
September 6th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Thanks hon. I have inverted nipples and Michaela was bottle fed on day 1 when I was in critical care, so she never took to latching on. So I'm not nursing but I am expressing and she is having mostly breast milk by bottle with some formula to supplement. Even though I don't do every feed and Shaun and I take turns with the night feed, I still get up if I wake to express. And my body clock is really sharp, so I do wake.

I'm already on iron tablets so am leery about what over-the-counter prenatal I could take. I will be seeing the doc for a review when I've had a blood test and will have to ask about B12 then.

September 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I was going to suggest a B complex vitamin. It has a mix of all the B vitamins so it really gives you energy. Also Ginseng is good but I would ask about the saftey of that while you are Expressing BM for the baby.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search