Settling into School

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
How are your children settling into the new term?

Any challenges or difficulties?

Any woohoo moments up to now?

September 19th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
How are your children settling into the new term? so far Caleb is doing great and loving school, he spends most of his day in his regular kindergarten class and one hour per day in special education class

Any challenges or difficulties? none as of yet, but i have noticed he seems to be bringing home quite a few papers with quite a few things marked wrong

Any woohoo moments up to now? yes his bus driver surprised us and said that he is great on the bus and stays in his seat

September 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the teacher finally read last years IEP after I responded to her numerous "concerns" with "that is covered in his IEP and they had great success last year--have you had a chance to read it yet?" only took three weeks...
September 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
How are your children settling into the new term? They love school, my oldest has the same teacher as last year and some fun "electives" (and is a 10th grader, shoot me). The boy is a 5th grader. He loves his school and is excited for the year.

Any challenges or difficulties? Just getting the oldest back in the routine. My youngest had his class combined into a 4/5th grade class a few weeks after school started, that was hard on him but he has settled pretty well now.

Any woohoo moments up to now? My oldest has only had 1 screaming fit so far! Woot! My youngest is finally "proficient" in reading (we worked hard on it this summer) AND well above advanced in math. And seeing him work with the cello is fun. I hope tomorrow to go and pre register him for the charter schools he wants to look into for middle school.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search