Birthdays and Christmas oh my

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Happy Song
  • 1 Post By Fae*Aibell
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By shanirah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
So what toys do you already have that you like and think were worth the money.

I found an older version of this for $2 at a consignment sale. I LOVE IT. We use it in speech therapy. And it helps with fine motor skills.

Amazon.com: Giggle Sound Station: Toys & Games
mommy_to_nico likes this.

September 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every piece of lego we ever bought, they just get so much out of it and lets them use their imagination which with them being overly logical dosn't happen very much.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
September 25th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Eek, Nicole! You've reminded me I've done absolutely NOTHING towards Christmas yet. I have the money for it stashed in my savings acct from my wages from the job I had before summer. But won't be able to start shopping really until after the half-term break, due to recuperation time from my section and being unable to drive etc.

Really the best value things I've found with Daniel are simple imagination toys. He has a huge collection of aeroplanes, helicopters, trains, cars and a garage and makes up amazing games and stories with them. Most of them have been picked up bit by bit as stocking fillers, at the airport visitor centre as souvenirs, or second-hand from car boot sales. And we made our own airport out of a cardboard box and a Pringles container as the air traffic control tower, which he also stores his planes in. That was a nice rainy afternoon activity. The garage was a Christmas present when Daniel was 2 - it cost me Ł60 and came with 20 cars free, it was for 3-7 year olds and he is still getting lots of play out of it. Without a doubt the best value for money toy Daniel has.

September 25th, 2012, 05:22 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
I have Lego's for the boy and I really like a few of the toys I've found for the baby at a huge children's consignment sale. I saw a Hotwheels set he wanted a few years back at another consignment store, I might go get it.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

September 29th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I'd love if anyone has any suggestions for good toys for a 4-6 month old that I could put on Michaela's Christmas list. I know what I'll get for her stocking - pacis, teethers, bibs, maybe a little teddy, and a baby's 1st ornament.
But big present? No clue.

September 29th, 2012, 10:12 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
I'm struggling too, Amelia will be 8 months on Christmas.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search